Jump to content
Mike at BrashMonkey

Please post feature suggestions here.

Recommended Posts

Show the current frame (image name) of a selected sprite in the object properties - right now it is hard to determine the frame number!

copy>Paste only position of a sprite (but not its frame)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are two things id love to see in Spriter.

One would be a better support for animating without bones. I could see this improved by adding a key shortcut to move around a selected sprite, especially those behind other sprites to well, not be hiding sprites or use the objects properties to deal with this hassle.

Another thing would be to modify the part where you see the keyframe numbers and the top keyframes. Right now its tricky to scroll around without selecting the top keyframes, especially when there are many made. For this id like the vertical size be a little more extended to avoid acsidental keyframe selection when all i just want is scroll over the whole timeline manually.

 

Is there also a way to automatically set instant mode in the keyframes created or i have to do everything manually after creation of a keyframe? Personally i start animating all my animations without it generating inbetween movement such like linear mode.

And what about inserting a keyframe of the current sprites position in timeline? Like, i make 2 keyframes of a object go from point A to C but now i wanna add a keyframe right between them which has the sprite already positioned between the two points...

Also, is ther a way to link a sprite object to another sprite object or does this work only with the bones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Miu3

 

What do you mean by "a key shortcut to move around a selected sprite"? Arrow keys allow you to move around a selected sprite. Do you mean it would change which sprite is selected..going through the z-order list one at a time?

For the keyframes, Did you know you if you hold the shift key while pressing 1 or 2 you'll skip to the previous or next keyframe of only the keyframe for whatever object is selected (skipping main keyframes that do not include a key for that object)?

Unfortunately there is no way to to autoset all keys to instant, but you can at least multi-select keys by holding control and then clicking each one in the timeline, then set them all to instant in one go.

What do you mean by this?
"And what about inserting a keyframe of the current sprites position in timeline? Like, i make 2 keyframes of a object go from point A to C but now i wanna add a keyframe right between them which has the sprite already positioned between the two points..."

Doesn't the key selected feature do this? Just drag to the halfway point between two keys (or anywhere you want), select the sprite or bone you want to, then click key selected and it will create a keyframe for that object at that spot in the time-line.

There is no direct way to link a sprite to another sprite... you'd need to assign both to a bone... you can have as many sprites assigned to a single bone as you'd like.

 

cheers.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

 

9 hours ago, Miu3 said:

There are two things id love to see in Spriter.

One would be a better support for animating without bones. I could see this improved by adding a key shortcut to move around a selected sprite, especially those behind other sprites to well, not be hiding sprites or use the objects properties to deal with this hassle.

Another thing would be to modify the part where you see the keyframe numbers and the top keyframes. Right now its tricky to scroll around without selecting the top keyframes, especially when there are many made. For this id like the vertical size be a little more extended to avoid acsidental keyframe selection when all i just want is scroll over the whole timeline manually.

 

Is there also a way to automatically set instant mode in the keyframes created or i have to do everything manually after creation of a keyframe? Personally i start animating all my animations without it generating inbetween movement such like linear mode.

And what about inserting a keyframe of the current sprites position in timeline? Like, i make 2 keyframes of a object go from point A to C but now i wanna add a keyframe right between them which has the sprite already positioned between the two points...

Also, is ther a way to link a sprite object to another sprite object or does this work only with the bones?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2016 at 8:53 AM, BrashAdmin said:

Hi Miu3

 

What do you mean by "a key shortcut to move around a selected sprite"? Arrow keys allow you to move around a selected sprite. Do you mean it would change which sprite is selected..going through the z-order list one at a time?

For the keyframes, Did you know you if you hold the shift key while pressing 1 or 2 you'll skip to the previous or next keyframe of only the keyframe for whatever object is selected (skipping main keyframes that do not include a key for that object)?

Unfortunately there is no way to to autoset all keys to instant, but you can at least multi-select keys by holding control and then clicking each one in the timeline, then set them all to instant in one go.

What do you mean by this?
"And what about inserting a keyframe of the current sprites position in timeline? Like, i make 2 keyframes of a object go from point A to C but now i wanna add a keyframe right between them which has the sprite already positioned between the two points..."

Doesn't the key selected feature do this? Just drag to the halfway point between two keys (or anywhere you want), select the sprite or bone you want to, then click key selected and it will create a keyframe for that object at that spot in the time-line.

There is no direct way to link a sprite to another sprite... you'd need to assign both to a bone... you can have as many sprites assigned to a single bone as you'd like.

 

cheers.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

 

 

For the key shortcut i have something in mind like blender has with the G button to grab and move a object around or in toonboom harmony its holding down the middle mouse button to move the object without having the mouse directly over it, but i guess the arrow keys still do the job, even when kinda slower.

the shift+1 or 2 jumps only from keyframe to keyframe which is great, but I use more often that red line which right now has really tiny space to grab on from above the keyframes. I think around 20% vertical increase of that space would be perfect...

Ah, so its "key selected", i see... sorry, im used to other phrases like, "insert keyframe", so "key selected" is a new one to me... feels kinda more standard, at least in softwares like toonboom harmony premium or blender that i use. Thankyou for your time and tips on some of the solutions :)

Ill see if i can get it all work now better for the game projects i have

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Miu3 said:

For the key shortcut i have something in mind like blender has with the G button to grab and move a object around or in toonboom harmony its holding down the middle mouse button to move the object without having the mouse directly over it, but i guess the arrow keys still do the job, even when kinda slower.

the shift+1 or 2 jumps only from keyframe to keyframe which is great, but I use more often that red line which right now has really tiny space to grab on from above the keyframes. I think around 20% vertical increase of that space would be perfect...

Ah, so its "key selected", i see... sorry, im used to other phrases like, "insert keyframe", so "key selected" is a new one to me... feels kinda more standard, at least in softwares like toonboom harmony premium or blender that i use. Thankyou for your time and tips on some of the solutions :)

Ill see if i can get it all work now better for the game projects i have

 

I still don't understand, likely because I don't use blender much, and have never animated with it. You wan to be able to easily select sprites which are hidden behind other sprites and move them around, right? If so, I'd certainly agree, and easier way to do this would be great.

The reason for "key selected" is it allows you to create a key for that specific selected object, as apposed to "key all" which will create a key frame for every last object all at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BrashAdmin said:

I still don't understand, likely because I don't use blender much, and have never animated with it. You wan to be able to easily select sprites which are hidden behind other sprites and move them around, right? If so, I'd certainly agree, and easier way to do this would be great.

The reason for "key selected" is it allows you to create a key for that specific selected object, as apposed to "key all" which will create a key frame for every last object all at once.

selecting the object that is hidden behind other object is not a problem as i do that from the Z order list, moving it around is the tricky part. Perhaps the object could by selection have a center point that allows selecting them exclusive to move around no matter in what order they are possitioned, kinda like the transform and rotation handle, you could just add a move handle too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Miu3 said:

selecting the object that is hidden behind other object is not a problem as i do that from the Z order list, moving it around is the tricky part. Perhaps the object could by selection have a center point that allows selecting them exclusive to move around no matter in what order they are possitioned, kinda like the transform and rotation handle, you could just add a move handle too.

OK. I understand. thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to request a font feature, so that I can make my own font images, and then just type into a box to use the premade pixel art font I've made.  

The reason Im asking for this kind of feature is Im not really making a game, just using my pixel art in a webcomic kind of thing, and exporting as gifs.  It'd make my life like, 400x easier if I could type in and use my pixel art letters/numbers rather than clicking and dragging. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really want the "mesh distortion" to improve and release , without it the animations look kinda dead.

I know you are working on it and the program is constant updating, you are doung a hell of a good work :)

 

Not sure if i can share here a video of Spline "mesh distortion", but I would like to show only as a reference for what could be improved and implemented in this "beta" feature you have:

 

Thanks and keep the good work !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TheZakMan said:

I really want the "mesh distortion" to improve and release , without it the animations look kinda dead.

I know you are working on it and the program is constant updating, you are doung a hell of a good work :)

 

Not sure if i can share here a video of Spline "mesh distortion", but I would like to show only as a reference for what could be improved and implemented in this "beta" feature you have:

 

Thanks and keep the good work !!

Mesh deforming will be a default feature in Spriter 2, which will be a free upgrade for all Spriter Pro owners. (Spriter 2 is in the earliest stages of development, so don;r hold off current projects for it. )

You can use image sapping to swap out images with warped versions.. in combination with careful separation and jointing of images, along sith standard stretching and rotation go get a lot of liveliness in your animations. 

Community member bwwd has also made excellent use of the non-official proof of concept feature called "skin mode" to add mesh deforming to his animations. Which is fine if you just want to bake out your animations to sprite sheets or sequential images, or if you are willing to export the deformed skin images as sequential images, then replace the skin sprites in your final animations with the image swapped versions (IF you need to actually support the Spriter version of your animations directly in your game project)
 



cheers,
-Mike at BrashMonkey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't read all the suggestions before me, so it might already be discussed..

But what I would love is the option to skew images in addition to the standard width and height sizing/scaling. I'm guessing this is something that will be a feature in Spriter 2, since it probably is a complicated matter and in line with the infamous deformation feature (can't wait!).
The workaround is to skew the images up front when cropping and cheating with the width and height in Spriter, but it's not optimal of course. Though I'm sure you are aware of this all.

A more reasonable(?) feature perhaps: It's not a biggy, but it would be nice if Spriter would remember the custom background color for each project. Including the custom color swatches. Those always disappear.
Or another option that would work is adding a slot with a dark grey (or even better; last used custom color) next to the standard black, grey (default), white and custom option in the bar up top (don't know the exact name, but I think you know what I mean). I mostly work on dark grey backgrounds in pretty much all software. The default grey is a bit too bright to notice contrast, and the black is too dark for comfort. In my opinion anyways! ;)

Thanks for your continued support and service, Spriter made my life as a sole developer so good. Keep it up! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Having the ability to play some animations one after the others for test purposes (ie: anim1, anim2 and then anim3). So you can see how they are chained together. (Right now I can only achieve that in my game engine but it would be great to test that directly in Spriter to save a lot of time).

2. Play the animation without loop activated

3. Copy multiple frames into another animation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4. All input numeric field need to have the ability to be modified with + - * /.

Because right now, we have to set the final value. It will be very good to change a numeric field adding a value. So let's say my x value is 15 and I want to add 103, I just need to wrote +103 in the field and the result is automatically calculated instead of taking a calculator and write myself the result.

5. With 4., it will be great to modify a value of an object for more than one frame in the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @BrashAdmin I have a feature request....

It would be very amazing if the parts shown by the images can be controlled...

For example, only showing 50% or 25% from the X-Axis or Y-Axis.... This will be great for Healthbars, Progressbars, FadeIn & FadeOut Effects other than using Opacity.
Thank you for your time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any option to add or reduce frames between keyframes?  It gets pretty frustrating to edit the timing in the timeline by manually selecting and moving all the frames...

 

Also i miss skev transformations, those are pretty cool for lots of dynamic animation tricks with just few drawings being used

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any option to add or reduce frames between keyframes?  It gets pretty frustrating to edit the timing in the timeline by manually selecting and moving all the frames...

 

Also i miss skev transformations, those are pretty cool for lots of dynamic animation tricks with just few drawings being used

I'm pretty sure you mean "is there a way to reduce the time between key frames?" because Spriter's timeline is not based on any arbitrary FPS.  (Spriter animations will play back as smoothly as any given PC, platform, or game engine is capable of, unless artificially capped.)

Unfortunately, no.. only for the entire animation, not for a part of an animation. This feature might have to wait for Spriter 2, which is in early development and will be a free upgrade for all Spriter Pro owners.

check out page 12 here: https://brashmonkey.com/spriter_manual/Spriter_Manual.pdf   for more info on how to time-stretch entire animations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi im new to spriter, but one of the things i didnt like.

Is when im exporting the animation the custom rect option was not very friendly.

It doesn't remember what you set before nor it has a feature to create presets.

this would be awesome if it could have presets or user generated ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, nosh247 said:

hi im new to spriter, but one of the things i didnt like.

Is when im exporting the animation the custom rect option was not very friendly.

It doesn't remember what you set before nor it has a feature to create presets.

this would be awesome if it could have presets or user generated ones.

Please use this method, as it saves with your file: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(I already posted this in another thread, but I feel that it also belongs to this topic)

Please, consider using AppImage as an additional way to package your linux versions. It's a sandboxed packaging format that can make your software almost linux distribution agnostic. Projects such as Krita are already using it. I must say that, from a user point of view, it's just a fantastic solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. some better way of grabbing bones. I mean you can zoom in and then it's ok, just sometimes i wish i wouldn't have to do that and grab a bone even in smaller scale without thinking about it too much. So maybe some kind of circle on edges or something.

2. integration with Affinity Designer. Like being able to import it's project files where the same file structure and images position are preserved. That would be seriously cool 8-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Specifying a different root asset path:

I see a request for this from several years ago in this thread, but I don't see anything like it in R9.  Am I just missing it?

I really need to be able to put spriter project files somewhere other than the root of my project folder.  It's ridiculous to have a ton of spriter files (and autosaves!) gumming up my top-level folder, when Spriter is only a small part of the project.  I work very hard to keep my top-level project folder clean and organized.

Also, I can't organize the spriter files into nice folder groups (e.g. heroes, enemies, buildings) because they all have to be at the top level of my project.  Messy and not cool.

All I need is to be able to specify the project's root asset folder independently of the location of the scml file.  That would solve everything for me.  Let me simply specify the root folder instead of it being assumed from the scml location.

Everything can still be relative to that root.  For instance, I want to put my project file here:  "project/characters/heroes/bob.scml"  but I want the asset root just to be "project/", so I can reference a shared asset like "project/effects/halo.png" in multiple characters in various subfolders.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mike

Can we PLEASE, PLEASE have a "Snap to Grid" for both images and bones.

I've had the Spriter Pro license for a while, but this one feature has been stopping me from using it.

Being able to setup a grid and snap to it, would speed up my workflow 10x.

PS. I've had a look at this topic and noticed that this feature has been requested several times over the last couple of years. Is this something that you guys are planning to implement?

Thank you in advance :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this has been suggested before. I tried to check on the forum but couldn't find anything. But supporting OGG sound files would be really cool since WAV files are usually much larger than OGG (afaik).

It would also specifically help me with the GM:S implementation I'm working on since it has a function that supports importing external OGG files. I'm going to be working on a importer for WAV files in the mean time but it would be super helpful :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...