Spriter Awesome Boss Contest! $1000 Grand Prize! Official Rules

lucid

EDIT: EDIT: We are now down to one contestants left who's not agreed to the rule change.

Hi Everyone,

We're making every effort to contact and get replies from the remaining contestants regarding the desired rule change (email, private messages, and YouTube comment posting ).  However, we are now down to 2 contestants who've not yet resurfaced to weigh in on the judging rule change. @EternaL, if you're reading this, please respond or click "Like this" on Lucid's rules change proposal post here: https://brashmonkey.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4758-spriter-awesome-boss-contest-1000-grand-prize-official-rules/&page=3#comment-16283

If, by the 31st there are still any contestants who have not agreed to the new rule change, and if those contestants were not eligible for any of the three original prizes, what we can then do is consider that contest void (because it now officially has no ill effect on those who did not agree to the change)  and then simply proceed with the new rules that the remaining contestants all agreed to (using our awesome actual human judges to judge based on merit).

BTW, we noticed that one of the remaining people who had not agreed to the rule change actually removed their entry from the contest and the playlist without otherwise letting us know. If any of the remaining people wish to bow out of the contest regardless of which rules are chosen, please notify us or even better, click the like button in the new rules post linked to above (as that's the easiest way for us to track who has not yet agreed to the new rules).

To those who are hoping to add their animations to the contest, while we can't promise anything, due to the current situation it's looking to us, more likely than not that we will be able to adopt the new rules.  You can certainly consider finishing your potential entries before the 31st so long as you understand there's no guarantee the rule change will happen. Obviously it's a decision that each person should make on their own based on their available time and keeping in mind, we might not hear back from the remaining contestants until either there's little or no time left (to finish your animation) after the rule change becomes official. (if it does)

46 minutes ago, DustyCat Media said:

Okay sorry i'm a bit confused; but i have to confirm: we're waiting for @EternaL to reply -- so that the deadline could be extended? I'm still looking forward to submit my entry...

Thank you.

You should have your new submission ready and keep an eye on this thread. If by just after midnight (EST), when it becomes the 31st, if Eternal's entry doesn't have enough likes to make first, second or third place, the rules will switch to the new rules and you'll be able to submit a new entry.  You'll only have until midnight just before it switches to September though, so I suggest everyone finish and upload their animation to YouTube in anticipation ASAP.

33 minutes ago, BrashAdmin said:

You should have your new submission ready and keep an eye on this thread. If by just after midnight (EST), when it becomes the 31st, if Eternal's entry doesn't have enough likes to make first, second or third place, the rules will switch to the new rules and you'll be able to submit a new entry.  You'll only have until midnight just before it switches to September though, so I suggest everyone finish and upload their animation to YouTube in anticipation ASAP.

Oh, but we'll have the whole 31st day then ? =o (meaning, from 31st 00h00 to 23h59 to make the submission)

Or if Eternal doesn't pronunciate the rules will change altogether with new 'deadline' date for submission ?

17 minutes ago, Kent2D said:

Oh, but we'll have the whole 31st day then ? =o (meaning, from 31st 00h00 to 23h59 to make the submission)

Or if Eternal doesn't pronunciate the rules will change altogether with new 'deadline' date for submission ?

The deadline for the original contest is the morning of the 31st.. So long as Eternai is not winning a prize in the original contest, the new deadline will be before midnight on the 31st.. so a 12 hour window max.  get any new submission ready and on YouTube asap so you don't miss the new window.

19 minutes ago, Ankit Dhillon said:

I roughly tried to count all the submission likes, eternal seems to be third in the rankings with 30 likes ( Maybe that's why the silent treatment :P kidding). I suggest everyone who want new rule changes (which seems to be everyone) to either go like sm1 elses video (since everyone else has already accepted rule changes)  rendering eternal out of top 3 or go and take back your like from eternal's submission and we can have our rule change. Let's use democracy to our advantage YAH! I suggest finding the 4th highest voted video and voting for that. We can save this competition :) Also, try doing it pronto so that admin can open entry forums soon and everyone who wants to enter can join with enough time left and not have to be unsure till last minute (that takes away all the fun from the competition). ( I am an old participant, trying not to be selfish :P )

To my account, these are the current top 3

1 - 

2 - 

3 -

3 hours ago, Ankit Dhillon said:

Nothing to worry then :) I am genuinely super excited to see your entry! I Have seen literally all your animations on your site but never knew they were done in spriter o.o Do you export them as gif's from spriter only ? Whenever I try to do that I get very pixelated edges and artifacts :(

Hahha :> I'm glad you know my stuff! And yeah, I've been using spriter for a long while now! xD And yeah, I use Spriter for the exports, so there's really no trick in how I do it to make it look smooth xD

22 minutes ago, Miu3 said:

Well my video is ready in case more entries will be accepted for the contest :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0jSy6S5hFo

Wow, AWESOME job Miu! Yours is one of my favourites so far :> Great job!

I don't know if they'll open the submission thread or we can just share the links wherever, but mine is ready aswell.

43 minutes ago, Kent2D said:

Wow, AWESOME job Miu! Yours is one of my favourites so far :> Great job!

I don't know if they'll open the submission thread or we can just share the links wherever, but mine is ready aswell.

Thank you for the nice comment :) Whatever they will decide, all i can do is wish everyone good luck! There are plenty of really neat animations and designs in this contest

The time has come! It's now August 31 and the original rules are now void! The sole contestant who has not replied regarding the new rules would not have won a prize based on the original rules so we are free to resurrect the contest using the new rules and our great 3 human judges.

I'm re-opening the submission thread now.  Any new contestants or people who updated their animations, be sure to get your submission video added to the thread (

) and playlist BEFORE Midnight (just before it becomes September 1st)!

Best of luck to everyone!

2 minutes ago, tokegameart said:

a bit confusing, should i resubmit my video?
or leave it with my old video i have already submit?

You only have to resubmit if you've made changes to the animation. Otherwise just leave it in the thread and playlist and it will be judged along with all the other entries.

cheers.

15 minutes ago, tokegameart said:

nice, i have another video with a bit changes (adding some animations).
so i'll resubmit my video.

Right, Edit your post in the submission thread to replace the old video with the new one, and same for the playlist... remove your old video from the playlist and add your new one.

cheers
Mike at BrashMonkey

• lucid unpinned this topic