B6.1 Bug Thread

lucid

There is a crash when you select a sprite and then change to an animation where that sprite doesn't exists.

This still exists in B6 release.

Clone an animation.

Delete a sprite from the clone animation.

Select that sprite from the original animation.

Select the clone animation. This is crashing for me.

Now I noticed that when you deleted multiple sprite from the first frame of the animation, it will cause a crash.

But it's not always crashing, like if I take 2 sprite at the time, it seems that it doesn't crash. I think it's some indexing issue like if I delete from the first to the second last then it crashes.

Edit: So I checked and yeah, select 2 or more including the second last sprite and it crashes

I know that you work hard on eliminating the errors, but I have some problems with new features, especially with "skins" mode.

I don't see white lines between control points (1), can't move them without stretching the object, as you can in your video tutorial, and "g" for grid mode doesn't work at all (3). Dragging from the white arrow for creating a new segment doesn't work properly also, as you can see from the picture (2). This also didn't work in earlier version. :?

The good news is that Pro status in new version, now works fine (unlike version B5.9). :P

P.S. I'm working on winXP... Cheers...

1391846_647334698650697_304725558_n.jpg

When changing something in the Hierarchy window ( parenting... ), it's not refreshing correctly ( -> some bones or sprites disappear ). I have to check/uncheck "Show Sprites".

Also, one of my sprites was not in the Hierarchy window until I did the same process as before.

Infos : Windows 7 64b

- It's not possible to copy skin from first keyframe and paste its position and deformation state to another keyframe, now only way to copy skin deformation state is to remove keyframe of it and then paste it yourself after copying from other keyframe, you cant overwrite keyframe by pasting new one.

- It's not possible to select multiple skin body parts and move them all at once

- Creating small bones is now possible and its great but when i want to create new skin segment from second bone then its not possible (unless bones are big) that new arrow keeps disappearing when i click on arrow and i end up moving the skin instead of creating segment.Here's what i mean, arrow when you hover over bone to create skin segment:

wO2nmJ2.jpg

It works with bigger skin and bigger bones but doesnt work with small bones probably because of the size and it looks like its very hard to click on that white arrow to create segment and instead you click on skin itself.

Maybe adding keyboard shortcut to do it would solve the issue, so you could hover just to see arrow and press enter or something (to emulate mouse click) and you would create new segment even with small sprites.

Keyboard shortcut for left mouse button could solve that issue i think because the problem is the size of sprites, it works fine with bigger ones probably because you can click on arrow more easily with bigger body parts and bones.

Im also not sure if its possible to have 3 bones assigned to one bodypart... i cant see arrow when i hover over 3rd bone.

- I recorded crash bug when selecting skin and this is how to perform it, i uploaded video and files, so it goes like this, i open the project, click on jaw to select it its ok, click on empty area to deselect, then click on head, its ok doesnt crash, then i try opposite, click on head first, then click on jaw and its ok, now third way which makes it crash, click on jaw to select it, then click on head - crash.Im sending all files so maybe it could be fixed, i suspect this is the error that makes most of the crashes for me so i learned for now to click on empty area before i select another bodypart.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/508 ... crashh.avi

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/508 ... kelbig.zip

Hi, thanks for the great software. Two bugs in the mac version:

Everytime I try to export to .PNGs, they come out looking scrambled! The sprites show up in each image but the transparent areas look layerd or somthing.

Also, I can't delete a keyframe with the delete button anymore, i have to delete from the dropdown menu.

Thanks again for Spriter, looking forward to the next update!!

I found out that when i open that skeletor project and dont change anything, then go to recent openened and choose the same skeletor anim to open it again then it makes spriter crash.

Now when i check any other spriter projects that use skins and i open them like this (twice without changing anything) then they all make spriter crash.Regular sprites wont make spriter crash like this, only if i use skins in project.

Im on winxp and nvidia geforce 6600 GT if that changes anything.

Heres the video, only last file (muttley) doesnt crash cause its not using skins but regular sprites.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fs6n3dgetyr3k2/crass.avi

When I right click on a bone to bring up the IK and inherit options, Spriter freezes every time. Hitting ctrl+alt+del magically unfreezes it instantly. Sometimes I am actually able to get the anchor to work by clicking on it and unfreezing with ctrl+alt+del but sometimes not.

Loving spriter! Thanks.

system:Windows 7 64bit Intel core duo 2.94 ghz cpu 8GB RAM

Hi guys,

There is a big bug when using a wacom tablet. I've already reported it by e-mail, I'm just reporting it here so other wacom users know.

In my case it's with an Intuos 4. Spriter does not register any left-click event, not by wacom mouse- or pen.

It basically makes it impossible to use the software. A bit cumbersome but easy fix is to use a regular mouse when using Spriter.

Just so other wacom users know, I've been told this issue will most likely be addressed after the release of the official 1.0.

Regards!

Spriter seems very sensitive if you click on anything while it's still saving. It's hard to tell when the saving process is done since there is no status bar. When I click in the layout while still saving, it crashes, at least that's what I think is happening. Thanks!

AMD Phenom II N970 Quad-Core Processor, 2200 Mhz

AMD Radeon HD 6470M Graphics card

8 GB DDR3 RAM

Spriter seems very sensitive if you click on anything while it's still saving. It's hard to tell when the saving process is done since there is no status bar. When I click in the layout while still saving, it crashes, at least that's what I think is happening. Thanks!

AMD Phenom II N970 Quad-Core Processor, 2200 Mhz

AMD Radeon HD 6470M Graphics card

8 GB DDR3 RAM

It may not be only happening when saving... I think it is the case for every "heavy" process ( like saving ). If you do another action while the process is still running, it may crash.

That's also what I think is happening ;)

In Construct 2, I notice that I'm not able to use the "set mirrored" function with my spriter objects. I can set mirrored with the family of images for the character but it doesn't make the character mirrored. Am I missing something? And a deeper question to go along with this one, how do I interact with the collision boxes in Construct 2 or is that aspect functional yet? Thanks.

Another issue I notice with Construct 2 is that transparencies don't seem to change. I have some animations where I change the alpha of certain sprites during the animation and, in Construct 2, this same fading doesn't happen. Sorry for piling these up but I've been playing with C2 today.

I can't seem to get Character maps to activate on OSX. Our artist works on Windows, and when I try the file on my mac, I can see the character maps, but when I drag them to active, they won't go there, nothing just happens.

I should be doing it correct, at least according to the help.