Jump to content
lucid

Spriter R5 Bug Thread

Recommended Posts

Linux 64bit export gif fails with the following error message:

 

XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
QGraphicsScene::removeItem: item 0x25fe9c0's scene (0x21af820) is different from this scene (0x2198d50)
QGraphicsScene::removeItem: item 0x25fd520's scene (0x21af820) is different from this scene (0x2198d50)
QGraphicsScene::removeItem: item 0x25fd550's scene (0x21af820) is different from this scene (0x2198d50)
QGraphicsScene::removeItem: item 0x2601250's scene (0x21af820) is different from this scene (0x2198d50)
QGraphicsScene::removeItem: item 0x2601600's scene (0x21af820) is different from this scene (0x2198d50)
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_keyFrame_edittingFinished()
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 3
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Magick::WarningConfigure'
  what():  Spriter: UnableToOpenConfigureFile `magic.xml' @ warning/configure.c/GetConfigureOptions/708

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2015 at 6:57 PM, WormLice said:

I noticed a bug in the Hierarchy view. Sometimes an sprite disappear after you change it's parent. When you change the position it appears again.

Another bug, sometimes the width/height of the boxes added are negative in the scml file leading to unexpected behavior on some implementations of Spriter. 

 

11 hours ago, SadaleNet said:

Linux 64bit export gif fails with the following error message:

 


XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
QGraphicsScene::removeItem: item 0x25fe9c0's scene (0x21af820) is different from this scene (0x2198d50)
QGraphicsScene::removeItem: item 0x25fd520's scene (0x21af820) is different from this scene (0x2198d50)
QGraphicsScene::removeItem: item 0x25fd550's scene (0x21af820) is different from this scene (0x2198d50)
QGraphicsScene::removeItem: item 0x2601250's scene (0x21af820) is different from this scene (0x2198d50)
QGraphicsScene::removeItem: item 0x2601600's scene (0x21af820) is different from this scene (0x2198d50)
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_keyFrame_edittingFinished()
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 3
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Magick::WarningConfigure'
  what():  Spriter: UnableToOpenConfigureFile `magic.xml' @ warning/configure.c/GetConfigureOptions/708

 

 

I was able to confirm both of these.  I will look into them further after the holidays.  Thanks for the bug reports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, WormLice said:

Another pretty annoying bug I found is that Spriter Pro keeps crashing after closing the variables window after creating a variable.

I encountered this bug just now as well:

System: Mac book Air, El Capitan

Steps to recreate: close the variable window (whether you made a new variable or not) -> Spriter crashes

Workaround: I disabled OpenGL from the view menu. No longer crashes when closing the variable window (but now no openGL :(  )

Update: disabling openGL didn't fix anything. It still crashes, just not every time (I was able to make a var once, but then upon making a second var it breaks after closing the window.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried running Spriter Pro through Steam.  My Webroot Antivirus application flagged it as an untrusted file.  I clicked "Always Allow" and my computer instantly went to blue screen of death.  After a restart, the application simply does not load no matter how I try to open it and Webroot now flags it as malware whenever it runs a scan and automatically deletes it.  The phrase it keeps shouting is about it infecting something called "Win32.Rulebook.1"

This is a new problem, but it's also the first time I've tried running the software in several builds. Is getting their service to recognize your program as 'trusted' something you can help with on your end?  Am not sure how the process works.  In the meantime, I have submitted and uploaded the spriter.exe to their automated service as a false positive. 

I am running Windows 7 on an AMD Athlon chip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shieldage said:

I tried running Spriter Pro through Steam.  My Webroot Antivirus application flagged it as an untrusted file.  I clicked "Always Allow" and my computer instantly went to blue screen of death.  After a restart, the application simply does not load no matter how I try to open it and Webroot now flags it as malware whenever it runs a scan and automatically deletes it.  The phrase it keeps shouting is about it infecting something called "Win32.Rulebook.1"

This is a new problem, but it's also the first time I've tried running the software in several builds. Is getting their service to recognize your program as 'trusted' something you can help with on your end?  Am not sure how the process works.  In the meantime, I have submitted and uploaded the spriter.exe to their automated service as a false positive. 

I am running Windows 7 on an AMD Athlon chip.

Hi Shieldage,

 

Thanks for the report.  No one else has reported any such problems with antivirus software but several other users are also reporting the Steam version of Spriter not starting.. perhaps they are related issues. Sorry for the inconvenience. Edgar is looking into this now and we'll report back on it ASAP.

 

Cheers,
-Mike at BrashMonkey

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Windows 7 64-bit)

If Spriter was maximized when I closed it last, then when I double-click an .scml file in Explorer, Spriter opens with a window that acts maximized, but only takes up the upper-left corner of the screen (approx. 1/4 of the full screen) as if it's "restored" (i.e. smaller than the screen and floating). If Spriter was "restored", it starts up maximized when I double-click a file. All earlier versions of Spriter worked fine in this respect on the same system.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a bug with the new Spriter R5, in Windows 7 32 bits.

Whenever I open a spriter file, I get a blank canvas. Any option affecting the canvas, doesn't show anything. I attached an image after opening an essential file.

There are any way to download the R4.1 until you find the bug? Thanks

spriter_r5_blank_canvas_bug.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Sunday, December 27, 2015 at 8:28 AM, WormLice said:

Another pretty annoying bug I found is that Spriter Pro keeps crashing after closing the variables window after creating a variable.

I will look into this.  What OS are you on?

On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 11:17 PM, RunnerPack said:

(Windows 7 64-bit)

If Spriter was maximized when I closed it last, then when I double-click an .scml file in Explorer, Spriter opens with a window that acts maximized, but only takes up the upper-left corner of the screen (approx. 1/4 of the full screen) as if it's "restored" (i.e. smaller than the screen and floating). If Spriter was "restored", it starts up maximized when I double-click a file. All earlier versions of Spriter worked fine in this respect on the same system.

 

I'm not having that issue, but there is an unrelated change to the way Spriter manages the window when it launches that may fix the issue in the next version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found a bug few minutes ago, I tried to save the project as a backup outside the main folder of the project in a subfolder, the warning message pop-up but I was not able to select neither of the options, end up forcing the program to close with task manager.

 

I'm using the last version of Spriter with a windows 10 pro version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@WormLice I've been trying to reproduce this bug, and I can't get it to crash.  Does this happen every time you create a new variable?  or only sometimes?  Does it happen with a certain project, or will it happen when you attempt to create a variable on a new project as well?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if this has been reported in the past, but here are some stray observations about combining texturepacker and spriter (Win8.1, Spriter R5):

  • images that are in the 'root folder' of your spritemap cannot be swapped. Right-clicking an image to replace a selected image in the project does not do anything. Right-clicking and holding the selected image itself doesn't either. 
    • image that are in a 'folder' in your spritemap do work.
  • pivot points given to images in the spritemap (at least those in a folder) aren't stable. I set 38 files in 8 folders (in a single spritemap) and when I finished I found that most/all had reverted back to 0,0. Upon saving-and-loading the project file I noticed the same.
  • when double-clicking a folder in my spritemap I get the pivot-point popup. While setting the pivot-point for an entire folder would could be useful, this does a. not have an effect on child images (so I can't set the pivot for all images in a folder), and b. does not match the normal behavior of folders.

Adding sprites to my spritemap (in texturepacker) did not affect my test-animation; so repacking a spritemap (and adding sprites later on in a project) should not cause any problem based on my quick and dirty test. 

 

EDIT:

  • I also noticed that sometimes the image disappears when I try to swap it (with another instance in the spritemap). It happened several times, but I couldn't reproduce the steps causing it. Sometimes it returns when I move back and forth to a keyframe...sometimes it doesn't.
  • Sometimes when playing the animation in a loop for several times it suddenly puts the images of the last frame on all frames. The data itself is not corrupted since when I save, close the app, and open it again it shows the correct images in the correct folders
  • Whenever I open up a project in spriter that has a (texturepacker) .json file in it, I get repeating errors alerting me that 'there is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive ...' (in my case drive S, K, I, and G), and I have to press cancel for about 10 times for each drive-letter (so 40 times before the project loads). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2016 at 10:56 PM, lucid said:

@WormLice I've been trying to reproduce this bug, and I can't get it to crash.  Does this happen every time you create a new variable?  or only sometimes?  Does it happen with a certain project, or will it happen when you attempt to create a variable on a new project as well?   

Not sure how, but the bug seems fixed now. If I encounter it again I'll let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, 

I have only been using Spriter for a week. I am using release 5 from Steam store.  All of these happen, with Open GL enabled or disabled. I have a late 2013 MacbookPro. It does not have retina display.

Spriter is unusable with a Wacom Bamboo on osx Yosemite. Everytime i put the stylus near the tablet surface, Spriter zooms in uncontrollably. jumping to like 800% or something crazy.  Once the stylus touches the tablet's surface, I can scroll out with touchpad or mousewheel, but as soon as I lift the stylus, it zooms in again. 

Dragging bones or sprites in the Hierarchy cause entity to disappear. However, when I drag another entity, that one disappears, and the first entity shows up in it's place. (It does not appear where it was dragged to in the first move.) They stage is unaffected, with the exception of the stacking order is modified as expected.   (all entities are displayed in the z-order expected.) They are not being parented in other entities, they are disappearing. Selecting the entity from the stage, no longer highlights the item in the hierarchy.  I don't have any issues using arrow keys to move the entities around the hierarchy menu.

Bones sometimes duplicate themselves. I don't know what is causing this, but sometimes after reopening an animation, part of the armature will not be moving. Each time it's been because there is an identical bone in the same place/position as the 'dead' bone. Any child bones also stop being animated. 

Scroll bars are hyperactive. If I try using the scrollbars, moving them 2px, causes the canvas to move about 180px. Using the steppers at either end of the scrollbars yields a comfortable 15px jump. 

At first, Spriter could not be quit. When I would quite Spriter, it would stay open somewhere. I was unable to restart it without logging out, then logging back in. (From the OS, closing steam had no effect.)  Now, when Spriter closes, I get an error 'Spriter has quit unexpectedly'. However, I can at least restart it as normal.

and yet, even with these quirks... I can still animate about as fast as I can think. This program is kind of amazing. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi and thanks for the update!

Everytime you attempt to save a project in a different folder than the original, Spriter warns you about it. That's ok, but it seems to have frozen as I can't click my way out of the warning popout screen.

capture.jpg

 

*EDIT* By the way, I have another one:

I forgot to mention that everytime you delete a sprite, the sprite doesn't go away and you have to delete it again, which causes a previous frame to get deleted instead. (This one is pretty weird..)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2015 at 3:55 AM, BrashAdmin said:

Hi Shieldage,

 

Thanks for the report.  No one else has reported any such problems with antivirus software but several other users are also reporting the Steam version of Spriter not starting.. perhaps they are related issues. Sorry for the inconvenience. Edgar is looking into this now and we'll report back on it ASAP.

 

Cheers,
-Mike at BrashMonkey

 

As of today and the current builds of your software and the antivirus, problem fixed, either on your end or theirs.  Or both.  Thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Linux builds are super janky. On Ubunutu (Elementary OS) the application runs fine, but you can't right click in certain areas like where you put in the pictures from file. It also crashed a few times when manipulating frame keys. On Arch Linux I can't even run the application. It says "./Spriter: error while loading shared libraries: libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" and in the plugins/imageformats folder only has libqgif and libqjpeg and im assuming you didn't add the libpng with them because that wasn't implemented with qt? Either way I have libpng installed on my system up to date from source so either you guys are missing a file or my libpng is too bleeding edge (https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/libpng/).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17 January 2016 at 2:25 AM, dval said:

Scroll bars are hyperactive. If I try using the scrollbars, moving them 2px, causes the canvas to move about 180px. Using the steppers at either end of the scrollbars yields a comfortable 15px jump.

 

This forum seems broken: if you quote someone else you can't edit outside the quote.

OSX. R5.

- I was going to report the same thing as above. Scrolling is over sensitive. Looks like the range of the scroll bars is too big.

- Also, the Steam version of Spriter still shows the default project icon, and not the Spriter icon.

Are there any keyboard shortcuts? If so, what are they?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...