TroubleShooting (look here if you are having an issue with Spriter!)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2017 at 12:01 AM, anty21ro said:

Hi. I am working on a project in Construct 2 in which I have the player imported from Spriter with the specific plugin. When I preview the layout in C2 it looks fine, but if I export my project to NW.js format the player disappears.

ss_01.jpg

I have a suspicion it's a NW.js issue and it's becasue your png images are pure black and white. Try replacing them with full 24 bit pngs with color data and see if they then appear correctly in the NW.JS exported version.

• 2 months later...

Hi

Renaming objects doesn't work for some reason on Z-order window. Or it works couple times and then nothing happen with F2 or via right click -> rename.

Also when going thru objects in Z-order windows with arrow keys, it like "jump" suddenly to palette / alt + Click selections (create bone/box/point).

8 hours ago, Rawdesh said:

Hi

Renaming objects doesn't work for some reason on Z-order window. Or it works couple times and then nothing happen with F2 or via right click -> rename.

Also when going thru objects in Z-order windows with arrow keys, it like "jump" suddenly to palette / alt + Click selections (create bone/box/point).

Thanks very much for reporting this.

Please always let us know what OS you're using Spriter on when reporting bugs or other problems.

In the meantime I will see if I can reproduce this issue on my Windows installed version.

cheers.

On 10/2/2020 at 9:30 PM, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

Thanks very much for reporting this.

Please always let us know what OS you're using Spriter on when reporting bugs or other problems.

In the meantime I will see if I can reproduce this issue on my Windows installed version.

cheers.

Hi

Oh, sorry. Using Windows 10. And Spriter release 11. 

When i got that issue, I rename object in Z-order with F2, and press enter. Then it goes to "Alt + Click", and that change then with arrows.

And then can't rename any other object, even with right mouse click. 

I tested with my desktop and laptop computers.

17 minutes ago, Rawdesh said:

Hi

Oh, sorry. Using Windows 10. And Spriter release 11. 

When i got that issue, I rename object in Z-order with F2, and press enter. Then it goes to "Alt + Click", and that change then with arrows.

And then can't rename any other object, even with right mouse click. 

I tested with my desktop and laptop computers.

I've been able to reproduce the bug. I never ran into this before... maybe a windows update along the way broke this. There is a decent work-around. I discovered that if you select another animation and go back to that animation you'll be able to rename things in the z-order bar again. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

18 hours ago, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

I've been able to reproduce the bug. I never ran into this before... maybe a windows update along the way broke this. There is a decent work-around. I discovered that if you select another animation and go back to that animation you'll be able to rename things in the z-order bar again. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Thank you for tip and info. No prob, keep on great work!

regards

Markus

• 5 months later...

Hello, I'm really new to Spriter and I just started making some practice animations using some of my own illustrations. 

I recently came across an unusual issue where when I export an animation, regardless of it being a gif/png, there's heavily graphic artifacing (??) and the colors flicker/mess up in each frame. It doesn't show this in spriter and I've been enabling/re-enabling the OpenGL setting. 

Is there a way I can fix this issue and get clean, crisp exported frames? Thanks! 

- Mist 

5 hours ago, Mystical Mist said:

Hello, I'm really new to Spriter and I just started making some practice animations using some of my own illustrations. 

I recently came across an unusual issue where when I export an animation, regardless of it being a gif/png, there's heavily graphic artifacing (??) and the colors flicker/mess up in each frame. It doesn't show this in spriter and I've been enabling/re-enabling the OpenGL setting. 

Is there a way I can fix this issue and get clean, crisp exported frames? Thanks! 

- Mist 

Can you link to a video or screen shot of the artifact? We need to see your export settings as well.
Also, if you zip up your spriter project folder with all the images and the spriter file and email it to mike@brashmonkey.com I might be able to figure out the cause of the issue.

You are using PNG images and not jpeg's right?

3 hours ago, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

Can you link to a video or screen shot of the artifact? We need to see your export settings as well.
Also, if you zip up your spriter project folder with all the images and the spriter file and email it to mike@brashmonkey.com I might be able to figure out the cause of the issue.

You are using PNG images and not jpeg's right?

Correct, all of the images in my folder are PNG.

I can send you various screenshots to your email, along with the spriter zip.  

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I work with Spriter every now and then and keep coming across a problem that drives me insane. As soon as I add a new sprite to an existing animation and try to implement it into the animation, the sprite is only shown once for a short time and then disappears instead of being constantly visible. How do I add sprites to existing animations? I read about pressing Ctrl and dragging the new sprite into the scene, but that didn't help, nothing happened.

On 6/23/2021 at 9:14 AM, DarocMike said:

Hello,

I work with Spriter every now and then and keep coming across a problem that drives me insane. As soon as I add a new sprite to an existing animation and try to implement it into the animation, the sprite is only shown once for a short time and then disappears instead of being constantly visible. How do I add sprites to existing animations? I read about pressing Ctrl and dragging the new sprite into the scene, but that didn't help, nothing happened.

Every frame can have totally different objects and/or hierarchies of parent and children. If you ad an image to the first key frame it is not automatically added to everything. Please watch this video:

I'm trying to use the scale feature inside Spriter Pro to get some squash and stretch for idle/running/jumping/landing animations but I'm getting some strange results. I don't want the sprites to scale from their centers but I can't find a way to change that. I made sure the origin points were not the issue. Is there something I'm missing? @Mike at BrashMonkey

https://postimg.cc/gallery/pXmMn6p

Edited by Chris Newton
tagging

On 2/3/2022 at 3:59 PM, Chris Newton said:

I'm trying to use the scale feature inside Spriter Pro to get some squash and stretch for idle/running/jumping/landing animations but I'm getting some strange results. I don't want the sprites to scale from their centers but I can't find a way to change that. I made sure the origin points were not the issue. Is there something I'm missing? @Mike at BrashMonkey

https://postimg.cc/gallery/pXmMn6p

The screen shots aren't enough to figure out the issue. Ideally record your screen and put up a video of what you're doing and the result, and also please zip up your entire Spriter project and send it to mike@brashmonkey.com and I'll see what I can figure out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13_Mj47vk_sLL-3GhmIBwgZbNCGOsEMCA/view?usp=sharing

Here's a video of what is going on when I adjust the y scale. I also sent an email to the above address a few minutes ago with my project attached. I want it to scale from the bottom but it is occurring in the middle instead. Thanks for all your help in advance @Mike at BrashMonkey

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 8:45 PM, Chris Newton said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13_Mj47vk_sLL-3GhmIBwgZbNCGOsEMCA/view?usp=sharing

Here's a video of what is going on when I adjust the y scale. I also sent an email to the above address a few minutes ago with my project attached. I want it to scale from the bottom but it is occurring in the middle instead. Thanks for all your help in advance @Mike at BrashMonkey

Just to wrap up this topic, we got to the botton of this via email and this video shows the issue was the art (body parts) were drawn and saved out on angles, which doesn't work if you want to stretch and squash them in Spriter. This old tutorial video explains why.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I just downloaded Spriter (r11) but I cannot run it.

On 10/30/2015 at 12:03 PM, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

"I copied (don't move!) from C:\Windows\SysWOW64:

mscvp100.dll
msvcr100.dll
msvcr100_clr0400.dll
xinput1_3.dll 

and from C:\Windows\System32

mfc100.dll
mfc100u.dll

^^ Again copy those don't move them or you will break other things!

to the base Spriter directory (C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Spriter\) and it now works."

I use Windows 11. After installing Visual Studio x86 and x64, I do not have any of the files in the SysWOW64 folder, except for msvcr100_clr0400.dll.

After copying this one file and the two files from System32 into the spriter folder, I still get the error messages when launching Spriter:

"Couldn't find msvcr100.dll"

"Couldn't find msvcp100.dll"

Also side note, my spriter folder is not in Program Files(x86)\ steamapps\etc. ... but directly in Program Files(x86)\Spriter\ where it has been installed automatically.

5 hours ago, You Jumped Out The Box said:

Hello,

I use Windows 11. After installing Visual Studio x86 and x64, I do not have any of the files in the SysWOW64 folder, except for msvcr100_clr0400.dll.

After copying this one file and the two files from System32 into the spriter folder, I still get the error messages:

"Couldn't find msvcr100.dll"

"Couldn't find msvcp100.dll"

Also side note, my spriter folder is not in Program Files(x86)\ steamapps\etc. ... but directly in Program Files(x86)\Spriter\ where it has been installed automatically.

Was it specifically the 21013 version of visual Studio and had you uninstalled the older versions of visual studio first?

Did you reset your computer after installing and copying the dll files into the Spriter folder?

Hi Mike,

• yes, it was the 2013 version that was linked at the Download page of Spriter.

• I was not aware if I had Visual Studio previously installed. So no, I did not uninstall anything before installing Visual Studio 2013.
    In the description with the Spriter installation it said that if I have a newer version of Visual Studio I will get an error message. I did not get any error message when installing Visual Studio 2013. So I simply assumed I did not have any Visual Studio previously installed on my computer.
    Is there another way for me to check my Visual Studio version? Other than expecting an error message?

• I did restart my computer after moving the partial dll files that I found, but nothing changed.

EDIT: I just realized I had a newer version installed. I will try now to uninstall it first.

Alright,

so I uninstalled all Visual Studio Versions, the ones that were older and the versions that were more recent than 2013 and the version 2013.

Then I re-installed 2013.

KidkwLx.png

I re-started my computer. Now I still don't have the files (except msvcr100_clr0400.dll) in the SysWOW64 folder.
And now on top of that I don't have the two files in the System32 folder anymore.

Spriter still gives me the same message when running it.

I also tried re-installing Spriter after that with no change.