Construct 2 plugin

lucid

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm not sure if these are already discussed somewhere else (tried to search)

A couple of notices of the C2 plugin that show-stoppers for me at the moment.

1. Scaling an animation does scale each individual bitmap but not their relation to each other.

Leaving them "hanging" in the air.

Easy to test with the example monster.

Maybe this is intended and using bones fixes it?

2. There is no Is overlapping condition.

I started the project with animated sprites using "is overlapping" a lot for triggering events.

Now converting to spriter animations, I face the problem of not being able to detect overlaps.

Will there be an overlapping condition or is there a workaround?

3. Will it be possible to assign image points to a spriter animation in C2.

Or can it be predone in Spriter (with a bone or similar system)?

1. Scaling an animation does scale each individual bitmap but not their relation to each other.

Leaving them "hanging" in the air.

Easy to test with the example monster.

Maybe this is intended and using bones fixes it?

this is a new bug that arrived with bone support. Thanks for finding it, it's fixed now. just redownload the plugin

2. There is no Is overlapping condition.

I started the project with animated sprites using "is overlapping" a lot for triggering events.

Now converting to spriter animations, I face the problem of not being able to detect overlaps.

Will there be an overlapping condition or is there a workaround?

there will be, but at the moment there is none. This will come in a little closer to Spriter 1.0 when Spriter has built in support for collision boxes

3. Will it be possible to assign image points to a spriter animation in C2.

Or can it be predone in Spriter (with a bone or similar system)?

same as above, you'll be able to animate image points in an upcoming version of Spriter

• 3 weeks later...

@therevillsgames

I'm actually having the same problem. I read on the C2 forums that we are supposed use setWidth(-self.width). But that didn't really work. It just flipped the sprites, but also completely shifted the position. I'ave asked if either the scml plugin can have a proper mirror or if Spriter can have a way to mirror in the animator and then just save as "walk_left", "walk_right". I'm good with either solution personally. Though a proper mirror in the plugin is preferable.

This, and no easy re-import are the reasons I haven't used the plugin yet. So I'm hoping the upcoming release offers a solution.

• 2 months later...

Hello.

I just discovered the topic about Spriter on the Construct2 forum.

I just wanted to know if your are in contact with Ludei (CocoonJS), to make your great software work, and so be able to use it on mobiles (android and ios), or if you have a kind of other solution to reach this devices with C2.

Thanks !

• 4 weeks later...

hi goldentree, I'm not in contact with ludei, though, I have some ideas of where we can go with that if ludei doesn't have the ajax/xml thing sorted out by Spriter 1.0, when I'll have a little more time.

and sorry ChrisAlgoo no updates on that front yet.

• 1 month later...

@lucid . I alot of people hoping and depending on spriter to work with cocoonjs and not relying on ludei to update much since they are really slow updating cocoonjs. So if spriter can work with cocoonjs, you can have my money right now. Hehe. Until then it is a deal breaker for me. Nice software though.

Downloaded and it works.

Pretty cool, but is there a way to do it so that it imports the animation as an animated Sprite. Currently I just see everything getting imported together and I'm honestly not too sure how to work with it (my fault, noob at both Construct and Spriter)

@lucid . I alot of people hoping and depending on spriter to work with cocoonjs and not relying on ludei to update much since they are really slow updating cocoonjs. So if spriter can work with cocoonjs, you can have my money right now. Hehe. Until then it is a deal breaker for me. Nice software though.

Hey tumira. We have a. solution worked out we will implement on the way to 1.0 that we can do without any help from ludei.

enzan. You can export to png to get that effect, but the plugin gives you the larger smoother animations. Just drag the character into the layout and preview and you should see it animate. The actions and conditions are much like the sprit object from there

Hello, I recently bought the PRO license and things seem to work fine sofar. Better than the first time. What I was wondering is if the plugin in construct2 can be later on fixed so when I edit the size of the sprites in layout then it will keep that size in the game preview? Sofar I can only manipulate the size with eventsheet and that could be bit troublesome if I want more specific sizes...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...