Bone Hierarchy Bug

Cypras

The bone hierarchy is extremely buggy in the latest version. When I try to change the parent of a bone all of them just disappear into nowhere, sometimes you move one and it just doesn't move. Everything about it right now is buggy and its pretty much impossible to work with, even the basic features.

I had a bone structure setup as follows:

- Body
= Neck
= Head
    = Mouth
= Left Thigh
    = Left foot
= Right Thigh
    = Right Foot

- Center

All I wanted to do was drag body under center, so that center could become the top parent. However when I did this all the bones disappeared from the hierarcy only, not on the sprites themselves.

Does this seem to corrupt the actual data, or, if you make the UI update the hierarchy list by minimizing and maximizing the palette or saving as a back-up file then reloading, does the hierarchy fix itself?

Also, do you know how to change the hierarchy via holding the B key and left clicking images or bones while you have the parent bone selected?

On 4/17/2016 at 7:17 PM, BrashAdmin said:

Does this seem to corrupt the actual data, or, if you make the UI update the hierarchy list by minimizing and maximizing the palette or saving as a back-up file then reloading, does the hierarchy fix itself?

Also, do you know how to change the hierarchy via holding the B key and left clicking images or bones while you have the parent bone selected?

No it doesn't corrupt the actual data, it's just a visual thing.

I'm having an issue when taking an item outside of a bone hierarchy without placing it into another hierarchy/part of the hierarchy.

Doing this (putting the item to the bottom of the list (both bones and sprites) will appear to move the item until I modify a former parent bone.  Doing this drops the recently moved item back into its parent bone and moves it accordingly.  Since I didn't want the item to move as I changed the parent bone (say for modifying a rig) this is problematic to say the least.

For clarity: Hand bone is attached to arm bone.  Hand bone is unattached from arm bone but not attached to another bone.  Arm bone is moved and hand bone reattaches to arm bone (both in the hierarchy and visually).

• 11 months later...