Steam Key?

WillianElmyr

Seeing that Spriter is on steam now, i'd like to know if there's any way to get a steam key for it. I've been using spriter for a few months already and i have to say that i love it, but with it on steam i could track of how much time i've been using daily and that would be nice to know.

That's pretty much the only reason

Hi William,

We'll definitely be working out a way to get all current Spriter Pro owners who want one a SteamKey.  Keep an eye out for a forum post about it within the next several days.

Thanks very much for the kind words about Spriter.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

I purchased Spriter from here for a friend of mine because it wasn't available in her region on Steam and it'd be nice if this was made available. Also the Spriter store page on Steam did not state that it was region locked so I almost bought two copies to gift her one. Good thing I only bought one and she sent it back to me. Please make sure that there is a region lock warning on Steam so that people don't waste money buying gifts that the intended recipients cannot use.

Hi ryvrdrgn15,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you tell me what region Spriter is not available in so we can sort this out with Steam? This is the first we've heard about Spriter being in any way region-locked, and was not our intent. We'll do what we can to resolve the issue.

thanks,
Mike at BrashMonkey

Steam disables trading between certain regions to avoid lower-priced currencies from trading to higher-priced currencies. This is automatic on their end.

Can you clarify what region your friend lives in that wasn't able to purchase Spriter themselves, please? I can ask Valve about it.  Any screenshots showing it's not for sale in their country would also be very helpful!

Another tip for the future, just in general (as there isn't an option to add a region lock warning to our Steam page) is to try gifting directly through Steam, rather than adding it to your library and sending it that way. Steam won't allow you to make the purchase for that user if trading between those regions is restricted.

Only certain country-to-country trades are restricted. Most people can globally trade copies, but it's only countries like Russia-America that have trading disabled because it's cheaper to purchase in Russia than it is in America. This is to avoid people from gaming the currency system, which might explain why you had issues giving a copy to your friend, unfortunately. We'll look into it :)

Hi! And yes, it was cheaper for me but since there was no notice on the store page I thought I could buy 2 and gift one to my friend. I live in the Philippines so that includes Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia. Normally there is a notice on the store page letting me know that I cannot gift it to anyone outside of my region. My friend lives in the UK and when I asked her to check the Spriter store page on Steam it turned out blank so I assume it just wasn't available for her. I just wish that Steam was smart enough to know that the friend I'm gifting a game or program to cannot redeem it. I actually did gift it directly to her from purchase and it allowed it but when she tried to use it it said it was locked to my region.

They have had some issues with their regional currency system as well as I've come across games where the prices were swapped with the cheaper and more expensive bundles, making the better deal cheaper than the other so watch out for that too.

I hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am curious about the opposite, I bought on steam and am wondering about if can get stand alone access outside of steam.   are they the exact same versions?  cause i know how some people say steam versions of stuff are not updated as much

If the Linux version is going to be delayed much longer, I'd also be interested in having a key to use the stand-alone version. In other Steam games there are ways to get a "CD-Key" while running the application, something like that would be great :)

Zkane, it's not that you can generate it, some games show a Steam pop-up during start-up with a warning that goes like this: "This Steam game requires a special product key, shown below. When the game asks for it type it as shown here". Also, there used to be an option to "View CD key" in some menu, but I don't remember where :-/

I hope they come back to us with an answer, I'd like to use this software but I draw and program in Linux and don't like the idea of having to switch from Linux to Windows just to animate something or tweak an animation.