Z-order

ArcadEd

I've created a main character and have all the pieces in spriter and I have built all my animations.

Now, I want to apply clothe to my animations. Easy enough, I bring in, for example, the right upper sleeve. Attach it to the bone. Then copy, and paste to all key frames. BOOM, done!

Now my problem, spriter wants to force this new sprite to the top of the z-order. I don't want it there and there is no way I could find to set it to the same place in the z-order across all key frames. So I go ahead and set it manually. Looks good! Go onto my next piece, as soon as I copy and paste to all key frames, not only does it make this new sprite the top of z-order, but the upper sleeve I just set on each key frame, has moved back to the top of the z-order on all key frames as well.

What am I doing wrong?

Update::: If I save the file after each piece I bring in and set the z-order on it's fine when I do the Copy/Paste to all Keys with a new piece.

• 2 months later...
It would be good if changing z-order and hierarchy stuff would be across all frames by default and that you would have to explicitly activate them for animation.

Jesus God and all the Saints please NO.

It's great the way it's now, the only thing missing is a way to change z-order in all frames and being able to pick several images and change the z-order of them at once.

I am talking about a "lock z-order and hierarchy"-button. If they are locked, keyframes won't be created for them, instead changes are applied across all keyframes. I don't care about the default value. Objects that already have keyframes will keep those, but move where no explicit keyframe was set.