Deformation Object Order

MasterZenith

I'm new to using the Deformation Mesh aspect of Spriter, and I can't seem to work around something here.

It seems Deformed Objects are always layered on top of sprites, no matter their hierarchical order.

Also, this seems to be the case for Deformed objects on Deformed Objects. They don't seem to layer properly.

For example, I have a Deformed Head, and a Sword Sprite. The sword can never pass "on top" of the Deformed Head, always appearing behind the head as the Sword Sprite moves around.

Is this just how Deform Meshing works at the moment? Is there a way to have a Deformed Object be layered UNDER a sprite?

It seems that Deformed Objects just can't have anything on top of them at the moment.

Is this the case in other programs such as Spine?

Hi MasterZenith,

This is a known bug with the place-holder skin mode which will nut be fixed because this skin mode feature will eventually be completely replaced.

Very sorry for the (terribly long) delay in the real skin mode feature. We're doing our best to catch up, but there's still several things we need to do on the way to it.

cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Its because you didnt finished setup of all meshes, the one that's in setup mode is on top, just click twice on all the meshes.Then  you can arrange their Z order, also sometimes you have to reload project to see change of z order because ... well because feature is in wip state so weird things happen from time to time but its possible to work around them.

I dont use regular sprite objects with skin objects, you shouldnt as well if you see some problems, just import as skin, dont modify its mesh, assign it to bone , click 4 times on it and there you go.

Im not even sure if skins and sprites work fine together but i would avoid it, there's no advantage to use sprite objects when all other objects are skins.