Coidan

You can export PNG images and use this:

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

make sure they are sequentially named and then use this command from inside the images folder:

montage -geometry 256x256+0+0 -background transparent *.png SpriteSheet.png

change teh 256x256 with your tiles dimensions, and the +0+0 change to the amount of padding you want around the images.

You can save that command in a text file, and rename the file to *.bat or *.cmd so you do not have to type it every time.

Here is the file I use so it cleans up the folder every time:

del SpriteSheet.pngmontage -geometry 256x256+0+0 -background transparent *.png SpriteSheet.png

Here is a fun tip, Save the file in your :

Disk where windows is installed:\Users\YOUR_NAME_HERE\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

Now you can just hilight an entire folder, rightclick on the images and select Send to: The_batch_File_You_Made.bat

Poof! you have a sprite sheet!

Be sure to play with image magic! ther are a lot of great little tricks you can do, tha save loads of time. Resizing and rotating an entire folder of images? No problem!

Another option is to simply use the source "rectangle/custom rect" feature while exporting. This would allow you to perfectly control how much space you have around your frames.

If your coin is 100 by 100 pixels and centered. setting top=-50, left=-50 right=50 bottom=50 would crop it with no space... adding 1 to each number (-51 and 51 respectively I mean) would give you a 2 pixel border of space all around.

Cheers.

• 2 years later...
On 9/1/2015 at 10:51 AM, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

Another option is to simply use the source "rectangle/custom rect" feature while exporting. This would allow you to perfectly control how much space you have around your frames.

If your coin is 100 by 100 pixels and centered. setting top=-50, left=-50 right=50 bottom=50 would crop it with no space... adding 1 to each number (-51 and 51 respectively I mean) would give you a 2 pixel border of space all around.

Cheers.

Awesome!!! I've been looking for info on how to do that!