Spriter for Unity 5.0

Dengar

First, I'm currently using your tool to port from Spriter to Unity and it works great (with latest version)! But I want more!! ;)  So here is my question : Should it be possible to use SpriteDLight with your plugin ?

Like -> Calling SpriteDLight (Or another tool of dynamic lightning) for each sprite, generate the material and automatically assign it ?

If it's possible but don't want to start this by yourself, could you pin point me where you would do such a thing in your importer? 

I'm a programmer myself and could work a bit to make it works :) (And I don't want to create/assign all of those manually, for every animation in my project :/ )

Tx!

On 27/4/2016 at 11:54 PM, Dengar said:

I will admit, I never quite thought of such a scenario. In theory that should work as normal, but apparently it doesn't.

I'm not sure how to fix it. Have you tried SpriterDotNet along with my addon?

they work as normal if i don't make any change on the "bone's link",
but sometimes i need to change the "bone's link".

i don't know about SpriterDotNet.

16 hours ago, krzys said:

Hi,

When I import any spriter project into Unity3D, it is constantly, endlessly importing. How to fix that?
I follow this tutorial: 

My Unity3D version is 5.3.3f1
My spriter pro version is "release 7" - ran from the Steam Client.

Here is my sample project that causes the Unity's import loop:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/pq6ujscfxo8znyg/Spriter2UnityDX_spritertest.zip?dl=0
Is anyone able to import this project to unity (and under which software versions)? How to fix this problem?

Does ANYONE read the first post in this topic?

15 hours ago, tokegameart said:

they work as normal if i don't make any change on the "bone's link",
but sometimes i need to change the "bone's link".

i don't know about SpriterDotNet.

Could you try it for me?

On 3/9/2015 at 5:44 AM, Dengar said:

Gots a quickfix for you that will fix the error (but won't actually implement the curve type):

-Open the file "ScmlSupport".

-Find the "CurveType" enum.

-Add the word "bezier" to the list of possible CurveTypes.

Basically, the short story is, the documentation never mentioned anything about a "bezier" curve type.

That said, while the enum is there in the file, it's really just a thing for future implementations. The CurveType enum doesn't actually DO anything at this point in time.

Hi, i faced the same problem with bezier curves.

When i applied your solution the game keeps loading the assets indefinetly

8 hours ago, Jacowaco said:

Hi, i faced the same problem with bezier curves.

When i applied your solution the game keeps loading the assets indefinetly

Hi, I had the same. You need to read the first post and you will solve the problem.

Hi guys,

I've created an asset a few days ago. Something that's helping me a lot with my game development.

It's an asset that can automatically replace all clips in an animator so you don't have to replace them one by one each time you import your scml.

Also events and curves are transfered. Changes in durations clips are taken into account.

If like me you are changing your animations again and again. Check it out, I'm sure it'll help you. It's a pretty good complement to SpriterToUnity

I've made a youtube video to explain all that : Video

And here's the link to the asset store if you're interested: Asset store

Thanks for listening.

• 1 month later...
On 30.6.2016 at 8:04 PM, vesputs said:

Hi,

Hopefully this isn't one of the things Dengar was frustrated in the topic beginning.

Things blow up when entering "1" (instead of 100) to the "pixels per unit" box in inspector. 
Here's the video: https://youtu.be/BP0OEQZLi34

And here's the spriter animation imported to unity with "pixels per unit"  set to 100. It's really tiny:

Also noticed that the animation explodes when importing to unity, but in spriter the animation is playing normally:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
Unfortunately I had the same problem that guy from above. I'm being frustrated to try import project scml to Unity, I'm trying to use my game effects pack (obtained by steam) , but I have many problems with prefabs, folders, texture and animation, I hope that Unity offers support to Spriter, I hate work with Curves animation in Unity. Thank you guys.

• 2 weeks later...
On June 30, 2016 at 1:04 PM, vesputs said:

Hi,

Hopefully this isn't one of the things Dengar was frustrated in the topic beginning.

Things blow up when entering "1" (instead of 100) to the "pixels per unit" box in inspector. 
Here's the video: https://youtu.be/BP0OEQZLi34

I made a fix for this.

Edit: My fix was merged. Just update to the latest version.

On 18.7.2016 at 5:24 PM, najeguvi said:

Hi,
Unfortunately I had the same problem that guy from above. I'm being frustrated to try import project scml to Unity, I'm trying to use my game effects pack (obtained by steam) , but I have many problems with prefabs, folders, texture and animation, I hope that Unity offers support to Spriter, I hate work with Curves animation in Unity. Thank you guys.

Hi,

Edgar from Brashmonkey had a solution for the odd animation behaviour - originally the png's we're exported from photoshop with a plugin which keeps the positions of the png's.
But it might be that the plugin caused the problems with pivot poinst when imported to spriter. Animations played well with spriter but unity didn't understand them.

Here's the plugin I'm referring to:
http://brashmonkey.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2768-photoshop-to-spriter-photoshop-plugin-attached/
https://github.com/flyover/psd2scml

Here's Edgar's help (he gave me permission to use it here):
"Also as far as the rotator line in Spriter, that's very odd, and I haven't seen that issue before.   If you have any idea how it moved like that (it should default to the top left corner if you didn't move it yourself), please let me know.
It is possible that this extreme pivot point is what's causing the issue with your runtime if that's what you're using.  Fortunately it's very simple to fix this at least.

In Spriter, select one of the parts.   There should be two circles - One of them you click and drag to rotate, and the other one lets you click and drag to move the center of rotation.   Simply grab that other one and drag it to a location that makes sense.   If you press Control - D with the part still selected it will copy this pivot point to all frames.  After you fix each part the first time, right click on that same circle and choose 'Overwrite default pivot point'.  Now when you go to the next animation to fix the pivot point, you can just rightclick the circle and choose 'use default pivot point' to use that same location, and then control-d to copy to all frames.    

A couple more things about default pivots - By setting the default pivot point, from now on when you drag that image from the file palette it will automatically use that to begin with.   You can also set the default pivot point by double clicking the image in the file palette"

That solved the problem!

• 2 weeks later...

Dengar thank you for the tip, I tried this:
http://bit.ly/2bkvgEP

Inspector - give them a "Packing Tag" (ie Player01), hit "Apply". 
Then click on "Window>Sprite Packer". 
Hit "Pack". Done.
Make sure your PNGs are set as Sprites and not Textures.

Unity is automatically set to "alway enabled", so I'm not sure is necessary to manually pack sprites?
Edit -> Project Settings -> Editor -> Always Enabled

The result is the same, I packed sprites manually, and still 40 setpass calls.

But wait. After deleting the second character from the scene and leaving the "hero" character to the scene - setpass calls: 1 !!!2016-08-15_211644.png

After checking out what might have caused those extra calls: 
Complicated folder structure maybe?
2016-08-15_224709.png

•  

The character which makes only one call has everything in it's own "root" folder. When I tried to make such a folder with 5 sprites and one spriter file (which has 4 bones) the problem occurs again. There's 10 calls more as there should be only one.
2016-08-15_231148.png
2016-08-15_231232.png

If any one has a clue what I might be doing wrong, I would be delighted for the help.

Regards,
Vesa 

2016-08-15_224808.png