Spriter R1 Bug Thread

lucid

Version B8_2 ran smoothly but all Mac versions since including this one play back the animation very badly skipping so many frames it is unusable. I also get big flickering boxes flashing up during playback in this latest version.

Also I cannot load a file with Open GL enabled,It loads up corrupted,Once turned off it loads ok.

Any suggestions on getting this playing back smoothly much appreciated.

Pro User -

Processor 2.93 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 12 GB 1333 MHz

Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024

Software OS X Yosemite 10.10

i've been reporting crash on start for the last few builds, same to version 1 :(

any chance this would be looked at? win7 64bit latest update & video card driver(HD 4000).

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Spriter.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 5462b168

Fault Module Name: QtGui4.dll

Fault Module Version: 4.8.5.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 51cbf4e8

Exception Code: c00000fd

Exception Offset: 005381e7

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 5129

Additional Information 1: 789f

Additional Information 2: 789fd569b47beac58d67c0940879eae7

Additional Information 3: 995f

Additional Information 4: 995f9fd7749de3e124381eb1e0d2cf22

Ran into a bug where right clicking in the files palette to use the "replace selected sprite image" function caused the timeline to return to 0ms.

Also ran into a similar bug where releasing the arrow key to nudge the position of an object would send the timeline back to 0ms.

Running on Mac OS, Yosemite.

First of all, congrats on 1.0

Second of all, this is still an issue, for me:

http://www.brashmonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15727&start=10#p24491

@bidek.  Sorry.  I'm not seeing which issue you're talking about.  Could you please copy paste it here.

Version B8_2 ran smoothly but all Mac versions since including this one play back the animation very badly skipping so many frames it is unusable. I also get big flickering boxes flashing up during playback in this latest version.

Also I cannot load a file with Open GL enabled,It loads up corrupted,Once turned off it loads ok.

Any suggestions on getting this playing back smoothly much appreciated.

Pro User -

Processor 2.93 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 12 GB 1333 MHz

Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024

Software OS X Yosemite 10.10

@byonder - I'll have a look into why Mac is still having performance issues for some users.

i've been reporting crash on start for the last few builds, same to version 1 :(

any chance this would be looked at? win7 64bit latest update & video card driver(HD 4000).

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Spriter.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 5462b168

Fault Module Name: QtGui4.dll

Fault Module Version: 4.8.5.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 51cbf4e8

Exception Code: c00000fd

Exception Offset: 005381e7

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 5129

Additional Information 1: 789f

Additional Information 2: 789fd569b47beac58d67c0940879eae7

Additional Information 3: 995f

Additional Information 4: 995f9fd7749de3e124381eb1e0d2cf22

HollowThreat, I will have a look into why this might be happening.  It's definitely working on most win7 64bit machines (my main dev machine is also win7 64bit, so it might be something specific to your configuration.  Thanks for your patience. 

Ran into a bug where right clicking in the files palette to use the "replace selected sprite image" function caused the timeline to return to 0ms.

Also ran into a similar bug where releasing the arrow key to nudge the position of an object would send the timeline back to 0ms.

Running on Mac OS, Yosemite.

I will take a look at that as well.

spriter is getting mad video corruption its basically unusable for me. Also crashes when i quit.

- Macbook Pro Retina

- Yosemite 10.10

- NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Try disabling openGL.  There are certain Macs that get severe display issues when using Qt framework developed programs with OpenGL.  I know this is not ideal, as OpenGL can provide a performance boost for some users.  We're looking into a workaround, but it may take some time to find something that fixes it for everyone.  In the meantime, please see if disabling openGL fixes it for you.

Congrats for the release!!!,

Bug on the timeline for me,

The bug is systemic and appear every time.

My goal is to move some consequential keys to the end of timeline to create a sort of gap between 2 groups of keys.

I select with the square marque many keys on the timeline for multiple selection,

so I got it all the keys I want and that`s fine.

When I try to drag all the keys along the timeline, new keys appear apparently random, between the 2 groups and increase in numbers if I move the keys further on the right. 

Sometimes are few sometimes are many depends on the animation complexity.

It`s quite frustrating to move every singular keys to not mess up the animation.....

Hope you`ll find a solution.

Pro - User

System

processor I5

graphics Nvidia 570

Ram 8 GB

Windows 7

HI I have a bug that i thought initially was a steam version bug, but its on the other version as well.
When i open the program if there is any window up, it freezes there even if I close it, generally there is something wrong with video it seems. i tried disabling opengl, but now the program crashes on startup.
I'm testing this on a intel gpu under windows 7 32bit btw.
I'll try it on linux later on and see what happens.

Cheers

Edit: Tested the latest build available, which was still B11, on linux. And it still works fine, with great performance btw.
My problem is a windows-only problem. Tested with B11 on win also, just to make sure.

Edited by Kiori

Congrats on the R1!

I got a random crash while I was working on an animation right after I moved a sprite in the z order. 
The weird thing is that somehow the crash deleted some of the animations from another project and replaced them with the animation of the project I was currently working on when it crashed...

The option "Save resized project" is broken. The image and the bones are not scaled properly. Example try to scale it down to 0.25

Hi Tumira,

Be very careful not to save your new exported resized version into the same (original project folder) because this feature actually shrinks the actual image files too!  Always back up your projects first (hopefully you do/did) and always export as scaled into a new folder so that your original sized image files don't get permanently replaced with small ones.

I just tested the feature and it works fine, which makes me fear that you exported scaled into the same folder, which resized all your image files, then you reloaded the original scml instead of the scaled one, which would look broken because the images would be too small compared to the bones.

Is this what happened?

Thanks,

Mike at BrashMonkey

@Brashmonkey

Yes and no. The option does replaced my images. But I have backup. The problem that I had is that if I resized the project and some of the images that are really2 small size, it wont scale down the images. So what I did is that I just open it in paint and scale it down manually.

But if I resized a group of the vector images in Inkscape(Transform->Scale), the same vector image also left out. So maybe because it is too small or something.