Canary Thesis Film

xyronix

Hey everybody!

I'm a student at Sheridan College and just thought I'd post my thesis film here considering I decided to use Spriter for the animated bits. I started fiddling around with Spriter early this summer and discovered that I can do some pretty neat stuff with it. CANARY ended up becoming the half point between my vision for a game and a film and I hope you guys get some enjoyment out of it. :)

Here is CANARY:

I used AfterEffects to compile all the animations together and give it the finishing touches, add some particle effects, and then made some colour adjustments with editing in Premiere. : )

I started the project with version 4 of Spriter but did most of the animating when version 6 came out which was nice. Each program cooperated fairly well with each other so I didn't have any hair ripping moments.

I think eventually it will. It already has a lot of room to be used outside of its intended purpose. I've used it to do traditional animation line tests and such because its quick and easy and instant feedback is really nice to have. I was also able to do all 20some or so animations in a week; it was soooo fast.

I can verify that our goal is for Spriter to eventually be so flexible and powerful that entire scenes involving multiple animated objects as well as "layers" of an environment could all be done in Spriter directly.

Obviously all the features for this sort of thing will appear one by one, over the course of many updates.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey