Unable to add elements after loading from saved

Dicon

I worked on a simple robot to "play" with spriter and to become familiar with the controls. I saved the half finished robot, and next day, re-loaded. When I tried to add legs, the first frame time section was ok, but on moving the sliding timeliner at the bottom of the screen, the legs vanished.

Could be me ... could be a bug...

I have a feeling that this sounds a lot like winging, but if you want bug testers, I am willing to continue to help this great bit of kit fly.

Dicon

Thats no bug, Dicon. Each frame is completely independent of all the others. THe ideal work flow is to completely assemble the first frame before animating...otherwise you'll have to add your new parts into each key frame.

Perhaps eventually there could be a feature to put an image down on all key frames at once, but no such feature exists currently...especially becuase the expected workflow for most animations which use the same image parts is to fully assemble your first frame, then start animating.

• 1 month later...

I think it's very important to give users the option to change this default. An animator will occasionally need to add a part to a character every once in a while, and it would be quite painful to have to drag the new piece into each of some hundreds of frames.