New Spriter 2 Alpha build - 0.5.5.0

lucid

Change Log

Additions

• Added check for save changes when exiting application through windows rather than the in application UI
  • Added context menu for entity states (animations) - right-click on entity state name
  • Added ability to duplicate entity states
  • Added ability to delete entity states
  • Added ability to drag multiple selected keys at once

Changes

• Moved 'Create New Entity State' to the new entity state menu

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where a check for saving changes would occur after making no changes to a new or freshly loaded project
  • Fixed a bug where the most recently loaded file wasn't saved to settings
  • Fixed a bug where clicking a file in the file browser wouldn't update the file to load

Known Issues

• Meshes above a certain number of verts cause pin deformer to fail and leave the program in an unstable state
  • Undo and Redo don't always function correctly with the new features
  • Changes to z-order in rigging mode not reflected in animation
  • Occasional visual glitches while editing animations
  • Save and Load not working reliably in all situations
  • Images saved from certain image editors will acquire artifacts when they have antialiased edges where the alpha isn't fully opaque or transparent. These issues aren't exclusive to Spriter 2 and will affect any game engine that doesn't preprocess them. These pre-processing functions will be introduced in a future version, and can be ignored for now.

It is good to see that, that the project is still being updated and that a good part has already been implemented, but in terms of UI / UX is very bad, I tested the current alpha and I was frustrated with the number of times I used shortcut instead of buttons. The old Spriter UI was not bad, just old.
Perhaps a more traditional UI approach would be more interesting.

On 5/3/2021 at 11:49 PM, Gustavo Marcian0 said:

It is good to see that, that the project is still being updated and that a good part has already been implemented, but in terms of UI / UX is very bad, I tested the current alpha and I was frustrated with the number of times I used shortcut instead of buttons. The old Spriter UI was not bad, just old.
Perhaps a more traditional UI approach would be more interesting.

Don't worry, the UI is still very much not complete. We'll make sure there's a convenient on screen way to access all required features. Thanks very much for the feedback.