All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. Last week
  4. You could have all the enemies separate, but have the specific grapple animations include enemies... maybe one "dummy" enemy that can hive their body part images replaced on the fly via a character map to look like any enemy? Or have a copy of each grapple animation to handle each enemy. Then when a grapple move is triggered, you'd make the real enemy disappear and play the animation that has that enemy built in. Then when he animation finishes, make the enemy visible again and in the proper place and animation to seamlessly continue where the animation left off. The benefit of separate Spriter projects for enemies vs player is it will be logically more easy to distinguish which Spriter object is which, as it would be a totally different one instead of having to check a variable or something else to figure out what instance of the same Spriter object is the player or the enemy. You're looking to make a complicated game, and any solution is going to be tricky one way or the other, but any of the methods you are considering should work.
  5. That's exactly what I would be interested in. Especially because of the character maps, it makes sense to use them for enemies. Have you found a good solution yet?
  6. Earlier
  7. MattR Illustration My name is Matthew Ryan and I am an Illustrator that lives to create exciting characters and worlds for others to enjoy. I love to work alongside people who are passionate about their projects, giving me a huge boost and inspiring me to create exciting, dynamic artwork that compliments their vision. I put a strong emphasis on research before I start any work, allowing me to better explore the brief as well as developing a more diverse selection of designs Past work has included comic book pages, card design, board games, book illustrations, environments, and concept art. These have been throughout various genres such as science fiction, fantasy, superheroes, military, western and many more. Notable projects include artwork for a successfully funded kickstarter project, as well as having illustrations in several published books. For any job opportunities or if you have any further questions to ask, you can email me at illustration@mattr.org.uk. My website along with a bit more information about my skills and past commissions can be found at http://mattr.org.uk. Gate Runners Card Game Originz The Superpower Card Game https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/flavorfaction/originz-the-superpowered-card-game Baroque Role Playing Book http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/156171/Baroque-Space-Opera Artwork and animations for “Tubetastic World Splashfest” game Card artwork and design for “Triplicity” https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=925144459 Main Illustration for game "Gnome Dash" http://gnomedash.com/ CD cover illustrations for "Extended Summer" by Cozjin https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/extended-summer-ep/1176234294 Interface designs for unreleased board game
  8. Could Brashmonkey or even any programmer please add the feature or create whatever add-on/plugin to finally allow us to save the workspace? Meaning the location and size of each window as well as each setting that can be set.
  9. ‘Undefined’ is the property of the global object. This error occurs in Chrome Browser when you read a property or call a method on an undefined object . Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property of undefined error is probably easiest to understand from the perspective of undefined, since undefined is not considered an object type at all (but its own undefined type instead), and properties can only belong to objects within JavaScript. There are a few variations of this error depending on the property you are trying to access. Sometimes instead of undefined it will say null. If you get undefined error, you need to make sure that which ever variables throws undefined error, is assigned a value to it.
  10. I suggest you check the full list of them. There's always the ones to actual languages like C and Java script. I'd have said Unity, but right now there seems to be compatibility issues with the latest builds of Unity. I'm looking into that. https://brashmonkey.com/spriter-runtime-apis/
  11. Are there any that don't cost an arm and a leg? 200 for a personal license that you won't earn much on is pretty high. What are the free engines that use Spriter?
  12. The engine with the best Spriter support currently is Construct 2, followed by Construct 3. In my personal opinion, Construct is among the easiest yet most flexible authoring systems to learn to create 2d games. There is a free edition of Construct 2 which has limitations, the most important being it only allows 100 events, BUT it does allow the installation of plug-ins such as the Spriter one, and I've made an entire platformer game engine within that 100 event limit, complete with Splash and game over screens, menu, system, etc. To my knowledge the free version of Construct 3 is more limited. https://www.scirra.com/store/construct-2
  13. What game engines use spriter, preferably free ones that are super easy to get started on.
  14. Email ID:info.hephaestusent@gmail.com Skype ID: hephaestusent Feel free to contact us for your Art related queries. Thank you HEPHAESTUS ENTERTAINMENT 2D/3D Game & Animation service provider @ Indie price Contact Details: Email ID:info.hephaestusent@gmail.com Skype ID: hephaestusent Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HephaestusEntertainmentarts/ More Art: https://www.artstation.com/artist/hephaestus_entertainment
  15. I think it's because you are calling functions... the functions don't know which enemy you are referring to as it's not a sub-event of the original event that detected the collision wit ha specific enemy. I suggest you re-structure the logic to use sub events instead of functions. This also seems to be a purely Construct based issue (not a bug, but learning the intended use/logic structure) and not specific to Spriter.
  16. I added the code in the thread, wasn't able to reply cause of the wait time..
  17. We'd need to see the code, not the running game to be able to possibly help.
  18. Hi, I've been facing a problem. So I have 2 spriter objects. Player and Enemy, and I have the spriter objects pinned to a PlayerMask and EnemyMask respectively. When the masks are spawned they will spawn the player or enemy. So I have values and platform behaviors tied to the masks, and when the health of the enemies reach zero they'll be killed and dissapear. The problem is with multiple enemies when the health reaches zero, they'll all play the death animation and dissapear. I've read online about the issue but most hadn't really worked. Is there a way to fix it? Here is the event triggered when the enemy is killed https://streamable.com/jti4i Is an example of what I'm talking about..
  19. Hi everybody, we've used Spriter for our game in Unity. We've made a test project with the same Spriter and Spine animations running. The Spine runtime is seriously much faster, and the slowness of the Spriter runtime (https://github.com/loodakrawa/SpriterDotNet) is unfortunately becoming an issue for us. A converter from Spriter SCML files to Spine's JSON files would allow us to use the Spine runtime, which would be faster. Does such a tool exist?
  20. Can you clarify what you mean by "The Spriter exporter"? Ideally, please record your screen while showing your attempt and the resulting issue or a series of screen grabs. This should help us figure out the cause of the problem much more easily. Though I must say I know nothing at all about Phaser, but hopefully someone else can be helpful in that regard if necessary.
  21. Hi, I've been trying for hours to export a spritesheet of my animation using the Spriter exporter. It looks like whatever configuration I try, there is no way to control the frames rotations inside the output spritesheet, this risulting in Phaser rendering the sprite with its body parts randomly rotated and attached to the wrong points. How can I force my Spriter Exporter to output a spritesheet containing only non-rotated frames?
  22. I'm new to Spriter and I'm quite disappointed about how many subtle bugs and discomforts it has. At first, I wanted to accustomed to the Spriter as it is. But as I using it more and more, I found that those nuisances are wasting my times and energy a little bit much. So I decided to post about the nuisances that I experiences one by one. I strongly believe the reason why those nuisances are not fixed until now is that users experience too many discomforts and they leave to another animating tool rather than try to report it. There are many things, really. Sometimes copying keyframes from multiple objects doesn't work, so I had to copy one by one from the obejcts. Sometimes, I can't move bones. When that happens I use middle mouse button for panning screen, and after then I could move bones again. And when I'm scaling bones, there was difference between the expectation about how it would scale the sprites and how it actually look like. For example, when I attach a bone to a vertically long rectangle(bone's root is on the floor of the rectangle and bone's head on ceiling of the rectangle) and scale the bone vertically, I expected this scaling would make the sprite scaled vertically but it scaled the sprite horizontally. It's not intuitional at all. ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC I think I chose wrong platform. Actually, I want to refund Spriter right now and transfer to Spine2d. I should have been here after this tool is fully matured.... But, I already purchased this and I feel bad about doing nothing about the discomforts that I experience. Whatever, what I want to suggest today is one thing about editing keyframes. Spriter adds a keyframe in the master timeline whenever users add a keyframe to a sprite or bone. This is useful when multiple keyrames exist in at a moment because users can edit multiple keyrames' speed graph easily. However, the downside is, when users edit multiple keyframes which are spreading through different moments, it generates multiple master keyrframes as many as the number of the moments that users want to edit. For example, when a user move 4 keyframes which is spreading at moment 1,2,3,4, it generate 4 master keyframes. About this, you can't simply say use master keyframes for editing those subkeyframes when you don't want to generate another master keyframes because when user want to delicately calibrate animations it requires calibrating subkeyframes to another moments. Since Spriter doesn't provide a function that can clear blank master keyrames (actually I'm not sure at this point, is there a function like this? At least I couldn't find it) users have to manage master keyframes when they just want to focus on editing subkeyframes. That is, it requires unnecessary attention that just wasting our energy. It would be better if Spriter has a function that delete blank master keyframes at once.
  23. I'm glad you were able to recover most of your work, and that you'll be using something with version control from now on. Do you happen to have the older version that still has the corrupted animation? we might be able to figure out how to fix that animation. It might also help us figure out how it got corrupted in the first place. thanks.
  24. Hi Mike, thanks for the feedback and sorry for the late reply. I managed to fix the issue by editing the scml file in notepad++ (I removed the entire block related to the animation that caused the crash to occur when deleting). I lost a few hours of work but that's way better than losing the entire file. As you suggested, I now manage versions and backup data through Git, which I should have done from the start (silly me). Thanks again for the help !
  25. Okay, I'll ask my cousin to send a video and I'll attach that to my post. My bad for causing confusion, I've edited the post now Thanks again, Mike! Edit: Also am I doing this right? I have no idea how to use the posting system here. Did I reply to you or did I just make a new post that you can't see?
  26. Hi Seth, Unfortunately I'm no expert, but hopefully I can help you get the attention of someone more experienced with using Unity and Spriter2Unity. I suggest you post directly in the thread dedicated to Spriter2Unity or at least rename this post's title to include "Spriter2Unity", and ideally post a screen recording showing your process and ask people if you're doing something wrong or if there's some kind of compatibility issue going on. If no one else responds to you in a timely manner, you can zip up your Spriter project and email it to mike@brashmonkey.com and I can see if I can figure out how to get it to properly import and show up. The only other thing I can think of at the moment is make sure you're not using any of the Spriter features in your animations that Spriter2Unity can not properly convert during import. Also, sidenote: "upload" means to send something somewhere on the internet or at least to another computer, so your use of the word was causing me confusion at first.. you should likely edit your post and replace the word "upload" with "import". cheers.
  27. Do I understand you want to set a bone to be the first bone in the hierarchy that other bones will then be a child of? It's my understanding you can left click and drag in the hierarchy window to move a bone to anywhere in the hierarchy, but there's no way to drag a bone to make it the parent of all existing bones and images if they are not already assigned as children to another bone in the chain. (Unfortunately this will only work properly if you don't have any additional key-frames) What you want to do is: Make sure you're on at zero in the timeline create your new bone you want to be the parent to the other bones click the hierarchy tab to reveal the hierarchy window and drag the current most foundational bone (the current bone that is already the parent of all the other images and bones) onto the new bone. This will make it and all it's children subordinate to the new bone.
  28. Can you please zip up the entire project (spriter file in a folder with all the images it uses) and send it to mail@brashmonkey.com so we can take a look? Also, have you been saving using some kind of version control? Though corruption issues like this are extremely rare, for any large project made with any tool or tools, it's critical to be able to revert to slightly older versions of the project if something goes wrong. thanks.
  29. Hi, I encountered a really troublesome issue: i deleted an animation using the correaponding button in the uaer interface, which caused spriter to crash. now, when i try to reopen scml file with spriter it loads up until 70% or so and then crashes: impossible to reopen it... I get the same behavior with the original scml and the autosaved version (which was the most recently saved one). It seems that the crash corrupted the data specifically for this project as i have no issue opening other projects. This is a project for which the entity has over 100 animations and i would be really bumped if it was lost forever... Any idea as to what I can do? I'm thinking maybe editing directly the scml file in notepad++ but is seems really risky. Thanks
  1. Load more activity