Spriter.JS JavaScript Implementation

lucid

implementation by @isaacburns

spriter.js

Flattr this git repo PayPal donate button

A JavaScript API for the Spriter SCML/SCON animation data format.

https://cdn.rawgit.com/flyover/spriter.js/master/demo/index.html

Supported Features

• Basic animations
  • Bone animations
  • All curve types (Instant, Linear, Quadratic, Cubic, Quartic, Quintic, Bezier)
  • SubEntities
  • Events
  • Sounds
  • Variables
  • Tags
  • Character maps
  • Animation Blending

How to use it

In the initialization:

var scon = JSON.parse(scon_text); // read and parse SCON file
var data = new spriter.Data().load(scon); // create and load Spriter data from SCON file
var pose = new spriter.Pose(data); // create Spriter pose and attach data
pose.setEntity("player"); // set entity by name
pose.setAnim("idle"); // set animation by name

In the animation loop:

var dt = 1000 / 60; // time step in milliseconds
pose.update(dt); // accumulate time
pose.strike(); // process time slice

Refer to the demo for how to blend animations, draw images, play sounds and respond to events, access tags and variables, etc.

• lucid pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

The library seems to apply some transformations to positions and related attributes (it doesn't go with the Spriter coordinate system directly). For example, the y axis seems to be flipped in both positions and the pivot points, and I'm not sure but it seems like all objects are translated to the bottom and right by half their width for some reason, even though the pivot point in spriter is defined in the top left.  Is there some information what kind of transformations are applied exactly? I need it so I can switch out single images in an entity with images that have different pivot points than the one currently used in an animation, and I need to transform the pivot points of those images (defined in Spriter) such that in the end the positions match the state as if the images were in fact switched out in the animation itself.

Then again, an easy way to switch out images at runtime would be good, too (not with character maps, otherwise you'd need to create one for every single variable image you have for each body part of an entity).

• 3 weeks later...