New Spriter 2 Alpha build with various bug fixes

lucid

Change Log

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where deleting a mesh would cause issues after switching from rigging mode
  • Fixed a bug where deleting the last mesh that was a child of a chain of multiple bones would leave the ligament intact
  • Fixed a bug where deleting the last mesh that was a child of a chain of multiple bones would cause buggy, unpredictable behavior
  • Fixed a bug where undoing deletion of a mesh that was a child of a chain of multiple bones would cause buggy, unpredictable behavior
  • Fixed a bug where deleting the last mesh using a rigging cage would leave the rigging cage intact, but no longer attached to any bone or ligament, which caused buggy, unpredictable behavior

Known Issues

• Meshes above a certain number of verts cause pin deformer to fail and leave the program in an unstable state
  • Undo and Redo don't always function correctly with the new features
  • Visual bug when dragging out new images. Sometimes image disappears momentarily
  • Double entries for images in z-order
  • Changes to z-order in rigging mode not reflected in animation
  • Occasional visual glitches while editing animations
  • Save and Load not working reliably in all situations
  • Images saved from certain image editors will acquire artifacts when they have antialiased edges where the alpha isn't fully opaque or transparent. These issues aren't exclusive to Spriter 2 and will affect any game engine that doesn't preprocess them. These pre-processing functions will be introduced in a future version, and can be ignored for now.
  • Dragging out more than one of the same image doesn't function correctly.

I don't think we getting Spriter 2 anytime soon are we? How many years we will wait any ETA on it? Has it become a vapor-ware?

Thanks for the hard-work but its been just too many times and years we been waiting for it.

Version 0.0.0.30 only after so many years. :rolleyes:.How many more versions?Every 2 weeks we only get +0.0.0.01 version upgrade :lol:.now if we count by the version number releases, lets calculate when it will reach 1.0 releasese version. Hmmm in unknown future:blink:. Are you facing planning problems? Or real life is huge mess? Even an asset on unity asset store gets production faster than this from a kid.

Does existence of software like spine or such just makes u feel you not going to make  it? Sorry about ranting but man how about promise something that you can keep? Keep your own words? False promise will drive away customers. I previously mentioned how spine coming to the market after you took the industry away from you. Even the COA tools from blender by one man does lot of things.

Don't get me wrong but someone needs to point out what you guys could have done and what you are at now.

Sorry again for ranting but I think spriter won't see the light of the day and when it does there will be no need of it who knows.

Regards,

jony-A frustrated customer

Yes Jonybir,

I unfortunately agree. I feel like the wait has been way too long. I've been looking for alternate programs to fit what I need and they are all too costly for me. I've purchased the original Spriter when it was on Kickstarter for only $25, I believe 2013. I figure why not and see what happens. I've used it for a number of years and I love the workflow and the ease of use. The problem is that I have been waiting for mesh deformation for years with Spriter and I feel like I will never see that happen at this point. I believe the Spriter team is working hardas they can, which no one is questioning,  but it seems like there's no direction with this considering how many years it's been since the initially release. I do not mean to sound inconsiderate or mean but it just seems like Spriter 2 is still in its infant state at this point. I've seen a numerous amount of alternatives to Spriter but I feel like Spriter does things so much better and less complex is to why I'm so aggravated with the wait. Hopefully, 2021 is the year Spriter 2 launches. Fingers-crossed!

On 4/2/2021 at 12:42 PM, KeithG27 said:

Yes Jonybir,

I unfortunately agree. I feel like the wait has been way too long. I've been looking for alternate programs to fit what I need and they are all too costly for me. I've purchased the original Spriter when it was on Kickstarter for only $25, I believe 2013. I figure why not and see what happens. I've used it for a number of years and I love the workflow and the ease of use. The problem is that I have been waiting for mesh deformation for years with Spriter and I feel like I will never see that happen at this point. I believe the Spriter team is working hardas they can, which no one is questioning,  but it seems like there's no direction with this considering how many years it's been since the initially release. I do not mean to sound inconsiderate or mean but it just seems like Spriter 2 is still in its infant state at this point. I've seen a numerous amount of alternatives to Spriter but I feel like Spriter does things so much better and less complex is to why I'm so aggravated with the wait. Hopefully, 2021 is the year Spriter 2 launches. Fingers-crossed!

On 3/28/2021 at 10:41 PM, Jonybir said:

I don't think we getting Spriter 2 anytime soon are we? How many years we will wait any ETA on it? Has it become a vapor-ware?

Thanks for the hard-work but its been just too many times and years we been waiting for it.

Version 0.0.0.30 only after so many years. :rolleyes:.How many more versions?Every 2 weeks we only get +0.0.0.01 version upgrade :lol:.now if we count by the version number releases, lets calculate when it will reach 1.0 releasese version. Hmmm in unknown future:blink:. Are you facing planning problems? Or real life is huge mess? Even an asset on unity asset store gets production faster than this from a kid.

Does existence of software like spine or such just makes u feel you not going to make  it? Sorry about ranting but man how about promise something that you can keep? Keep your own words? False promise will drive away customers. I previously mentioned how spine coming to the market after you took the industry away from you. Even the COA tools from blender by one man does lot of things.

Don't get me wrong but someone needs to point out what you guys could have done and what you are at now.

Sorry again for ranting but I think spriter won't see the light of the day and when it does there will be no need of it who knows.

Regards,

jony-A frustrated customer

No need to apologize, your frustrations are completely valid and we are extremely grateful and humbled by the patience and support you and the rest of the Spriter user community has shown us all this time.

Especially after such a long delay words are cheap and ultimately change nothing of substance, which is why we're relieved that not only are we showing concrete progress roughly every 2 weeks with the new update builds, but this latest build is an especially significant milestone because it reintroduces the final core feature of Spriter 2, now properly integrated in with the other features under the hood.

This means Spriter 2 has now officially reached the point where the majority of future progress will be accomplished via much more simple tasks - small missing ui and features, bug squashing, and improving work-flow and UI with the help of the Spriter users with the time and interest in testing and providing the invaluable feedback they do.
For likely obvious reasons we we want to avoid any time estimates until this is so far along we can safely announce a launch date. At least now that is much closer on the horizon than even a couple of update builds ago.

There are still many additional features we'll continue to add as well, but their level of complexity is far simpler than the work which we've completed over the past couple of months.

Regarding direction we have a very concrete and concise plan for features and the largely the order in which we should add them, but this groundwork had to be finished first.