using animations in Unity causes weird clipping issues

JoeyLLawton

In the scene view everything looks fine but in the game view the separate images constantly move around on the z axis. I can fix this by manually going in and editing each images z position but there's to much, this would take hours just to correct each animation. I'm assuming that I'm just doing something wrong. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I'm using spriter2Unity with unity version 5.3.5 

there are two images attached, top is the scene view, bottom is the game view.

what it should look like.JPG

what it does look like.JPG

since posting this 15 minutes ago I figured out that the reason it looks good in the scene view is because that's using an orthographic camera when in 2D mode (I assume) and if I place main camera in orthographic as well it works and looks fine, but I don't want to use orthographic because It messes with the parallax system I have set up. so I'm still trying to figure out the main issue...

Edited by JoeyLLawton
worded something incorrectly, figured out why part of it looked okay

8 minutes ago, JoeyLLawton said:

No? I'm just copy and pasting my character from animation to animation? My initial animation's pivot points were created with the alt click tool/function? I'm sorry I'm still somewhat confused.

What do you mean by "click tool function"?  The only way you should set pivot points is by double clicking the images in the file palette, and not by moving the pivot point dot in the canvas.

Not sure, but I was watching a brackeys video an hour ago and realized that I believe I can fix the issue by setting each individual image's order in layer in Unity. I haven't tried it yet but I will tomorrow. Thank you for replying, much appreciated!

edit: I realized how quick it would be to test it, I tested it, it works, I have to go into each image and reset all their orders in layer and that will fix it. Not ideal but it will work.

Edited by JoeyLLawton
Realized I'm dumb

18 hours ago, JoeyLLawton said:

Not sure, but I was watching a brackeys video an hour ago and realized that I believe I can fix the issue by setting each individual image's order in layer in Unity. I haven't tried it yet but I will tomorrow. Thank you for replying, much appreciated!

edit: I realized how quick it would be to test it, I tested it, it works, I have to go into each image and reset all their orders in layer and that will fix it. Not ideal but it will work.

It's a good idea to report this on the github page for Spriter2Unity so any active developer can look into it and hopefully resolve this issue if possible. Thanks very much for researching/experimenting and finding a work-around.. not only is this likely helpful to others, this info might also make fixing this error much easier on the Spriter2Unity side.

cheers.