Making more animations, multi-view, and C2 Blending.

Ravenlegend

'm just wondering what is the most effective way to start the next animation for the spriter File. I have a character that has a 360 view. So if my Idle is 3/4 view and my Walk is Side view, do I Copy and paste a frame from the 3/4 Idle and do Image swap to start the new side view walk, or do I clone and Delete unused frames to do this. obviously I assume the same thing would be done for each animation afterwards moving forward. The reason Im asking is I want to take advantage of C2's Blending modes. I set my spriter file up by first making the model views, and then cloning that key frame for what ever view I wanted the animation to use. Now however, I am running into the model glitching when attempting to blend animations in C2, like the torso flys off and reappears during the blend. I've seen where it's stated you should use the same bones between views/animations so this doesn't happen. So my question is basically How do I assure each animation is using the same bones when I'm making a new one.

Also while on this note, is there anything specific to do if say a different view uses more or less bones? is deleting one from a copy and pasted or cloned skeleton ok to do? Thank you.

• 1 month later...

There are too many possible factors to decide ideal workflow. It likely would even depend on each specific new animation. Sometimes its best to start a specific animation from scratch, sometimes its better to completely clone a previous animation and just tweak it from there, and most often I personally find a frame from previous animations, copy the entire frame, then paste it as the first frame of the new animation and start from there.

As for animation blending in C2, if your character changes angles in perspective like 3/4 and uses lots of image-swapping, then blending is going to rip the character apart. There's no getting around that. Think about the positions vbeing tweened, but the images can only pop from one to the other when it hits the new key-frame, etc.

Also, are you always using the same "objects" for the same limbs across all animations? 

7 hours ago, sucuri123 said:

There are too many possible factors to decide ideal workflow. It likely would even depend on each specific new animation. Sometimes its best to start a specific animation from scratch, sometimes its better to completely clone a previous animation and just tweak it from there, and most often I personally find a frame from previous animations, copy the entire frame, then paste it as the first frame of the new animation and start from there.

As for animation blending in C2, if your character changes angles in perspective like 3/4 and uses lots of image-swapping, then blending is going to rip the character apart. There's no getting around that. Think about the positions vbeing tweened, but the images can only pop from one to the other when it hits the new key-frame, etc.

Also, are you always using the same "objects" for the same limbs across all animations? 

yes, I am using the same bones, what's wierd is when I was learning the character worked fine, all the images would swap at the same time so it worked well, but then I made a new spriter file after I had learned the ins and outs and now even the basic of things are messing up.its like the chest piece flies off even when its swapping from "run" to "walk" when they are both the side view with the same bones and Image sets....