RPG HERO'S ART PACK

LorgReyn

Hello,

I have been looking at the RPG Hero's animation bundle for some time and I am interested in learning a little more about it (to make sure it fits with the game I am creating)

1) I am designing a Fantasy RPG Strategy game through Gamemaker: Studio and was wondering if you have any methods of exporting the character sprites/animations with a blank outline (in a similar fashion to layering with a blank outline in gimp)[saving me time and effort on having to cut the default background color out of the image]

2) In the tutorials I have viewed I saw only 2 facial/character structures (male, and female) are there more structures/faces/race options in the existing set?[I know I can add on to the base models but do not wish to waste the time to have to design more (3-5 human male and female and 2-4 for each fantasy race I would like to include)]

3) How many and what variety of weaponry are available in your pack [again I can add on but would prefer to do as little work as required seeing as I have a deadline on my game and limited funds to hire an artist]

While I love the idea of your art pack and spriter System I am afraid I expect too much for it and would prefer not to be disappointed, any clarifying comments would be helpful

PS: I am a programmer not an art guy so please forgive my assumptions ;)

Thanks,

Lorg Reyn 

You can export sprite-sheets or sequential images with transparent backgrounds. This is the default export setting in fact.

There are only two forms (make and female) but quite a few features to swap out within that form, such as eyebrows, nose, eyes, mouth, facial hair, hair, etc.

There are also human and elf ears and devil or angel style wings which can also be applied. No other races, such as orcs or dragon-men. or Minotaurs etc. Only humans/elves/angles/devils, and only the one, fit body type... no hulks, no super slim, no Dwarves etc.

The pack does not include any weapons at all... just some shields. Also ,the pack has no attack animations.. only idle, walk, and a generic "activate" animation which would work decently for opening treasure chests or switching levers etc.

I hope this clarifies things.

cheers.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

I see in the youtube videos that it is possible to add cosmetics,

Is it currently possible to add weapons (of my own design) and have the program assign it to the sprite/character (similar to the existing shield/other accessories)? 

If so is it currently possible to add additional 'forms' if I were to have an artist draw me up some (and have them function with the swap-able features)?

Thanks again,

Lorg Reyn

Yes, all of that is possible. If you or the artist only has the free version of Spriter, you would not be able to add character maps for swapping out weapons, but you could still add them. Only Spriter Pro lets you create and edit new character maps.

Your artist would have to be a decently skilled pixel artist and would need to know how to use Spriters basic features, most importantly character maps, which are described in detail in the built in manual (help/help in Spriter's menu).
They would also have to make sure their images for the weapons use the exact same color palette and I'd suggest perhaps the color indexes used for the shield so that the weapons work with the color customizing system.

These videos would help:

• 4 months later...