Negative scale values in Trixt0r XNA implementation

billymonks

Hello all, I apologize if I am posting in the wrong place.

I am working on a game using the Trixt0r XNA implementation of Spriter to display objects.

The other night I discovered that bones & sprites which had negative X_scale values were failing to render in game.

6J8drB6.png --> 6NONmNd.png

Are there any known solutions or workarounds? Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. 

Edit: As a workaround I replaced the bones and sprites that had negative Xscale.

Spriter is an excellent tool and I am very thankful for its existence, even in its early state, and Trixt0r for his open source implementations which have saved me months of work.  :mrgreen:

• 4 months later...

from what i see about your axis in spriter, if you are scaling for Y, than all object will be mirrored outside of your screen (the one on your screenshot).

something like that:

Y /\

|     ---

|    O

|     o

|

------------------------> x

|          

|     o

|    O

• 3 weeks later...

@billymonks, I know this reply is a bit late, but if you still need it.  see if this helps:

// before adding the parent.angle to child.angleif(parentInfo.scaleX*parentInfo.scaleY<0) // if one, but not both are negative{     child.angle*=-1;     // or child.angle=360-child.angle     // (if you want to keep it within the 0 - 360 range)}

• 2 weeks later...