Newbie Question

dreichelt

Hi I have not yet purchased Spriter until I know it's a tool I can use. I am mainly a developer with not much artistic abilities in drawing or animating. If I hire an artist to make the base character in pieces, I can use this to make all types of animations correct? I would need idle, walk, run, attack, being hit. What's the learning curve on this software for a guy like me? This would really help me keep costs down if in fact it's a tool I could use. Thanks

Hi dreichelt,

I really recommend watching the series if Quicktip videos. This will really give you a solid understanding of Spriters features and work-flow.

Also, you can find an example Spriter project that is a pre-assembled and rigged side scrolling platfomer character on our website.

http://brashmonkey.com/

All the way at the bottom left of the page..."Download Example Spriter Project"

These two resources are an excellent place to start.

Also, don't forget, those who purchase Spriter Pro get a large library animated art via the Essentials Animated art Packs, which you can preview in the art packs section of our website.

Cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey