Did anyone ever manage to fix the Reaper importing to Unity with Spriter2Unity?

Jonjon

Basically when I try to import it, it looks like thissouth-park-s05e08c13-bad-clones-16x9.jpg

If someone could modify the Reaper, or the Spriter2Unity on Github, and send it to me.... I'll give you 20 bucks. Hell if you can fix the whole Spriter2Unity plugin for Unity so that it's finally complete, and doesn't suck, and also doesn't make the Animation tab look impossible to configure animations, or at least let me easily update the scml/prefab when I make changes to animations and shit in Spriter. 100 bucks. Come on, any programmers out there wanna make some money?

No one is working on Spriter2Unity anymore from what I read. Last time it was updated was like in June.

I bought the entire Spriter Art Pack and have imported every single scml into Unity, and everything else came out relatively fine, at least all the body parts and bones came out fine. For some reason, this only happens to the Reaper. All the others import fine (besides certain animations not working the same, such as instant curves).

VpRqMdS.png?1

Hi again Jonjon,

I emailed the current developer of Spriter2Unity (Dario, aka bonus2113) with a report of the bug and supplied him with the Reaper Spriter file. He replied back within hours letting me know he was already aware of the issue and was working to fix it. Now, just a day later there's a new build of Spriter2Unity to try that seems to fix the issue when he tests it.

Can you please download and try the new version of Spriter2Unity with the reaper file and see if the issue is now resolved?

https://github.com/bonus2113/Spriter2Unity

PS, where did you read Spriter2Unity was no longer being developed?

Free and open-source projects like this tend to stay as active as the community that uses and otherwise contributes to it (including reporting bugs clearly)

Cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey

I see. The reason I thought people stopped was because the last update, before Jan 24, was from like July 2014. Glad to see someone is still working on it. How soon do you think the image deformation stuff you're planning on putting in Spriter Pro will work with Spriter2Unity? I heard you're trying to focus more on getting your features to work for Unity. Are you guys also working with Dario with the plugin, or are you making your own official plugin?

We're first working on a fully featured and generic Spriter implementation, which we'll then release as open source. That should make it easy for any developer to port full Spriter support to any particular authoring system or programming language. Once that's released we'll then do our best to work with and help anyone developing a Spriter animation for any particular system. Obviously we'll want to help get Spriter fully supported for all authoring systems as quickly as possible, we won't refuse to work with people other than Dario, and will certainly also work with him so long as he has the time and interest in continuing to add feature support to Spriter2Unity.

Cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey

I know what it's like to want to keep a code-base to oneself until it's "finished", but, since you're planning on opening the source, anyway, it would be cool if Edgar would post it to, e.g. github. Besides the many benefits of keeping your code in a git repo, you'd also enable the community to help catch bugs, which could be reported directly through github itself. It could even be forked, to allow the community to help squash said bugs, as well as generally contribute to the code, resulting in faster, parallel development both of the main, "generic" branch, and of specific branches for other languages/environments. You could even use the github Wiki feature to post the documentation, which could then be collaboratively developed, as well. One of the best results, though, would be the motivating factor of not having to "go it alone".

(Now, everybody "like" this post and reply to show the BrashMonkey guys that you think it's a good idea! ;))