Spriter PNG Export not exporting last few frames

Vallar

Hello,

I started using Spriter recently and it has been amazing so far.

However, I came across a very weird problem. I have an animation done over 5 keys with a timeline maximum of 1200. I am using the entire timeline from 0 to the 1200. Problem is, when I do that and I export the PNG sequence that comes out doesn't contain the last few frames of the animation, it completely ignores them. I have to expand the timeline to about 300 extra (1500) so when the export happens, the animation captures the previously missing frames.

I double checked my keys and found them all located before the 1200 or on the 1200. It plays inside the editor well and without problems.

May I ask why is this setup like that?

Thank you very much in advance :)

Hi Vallar,

Can you explain the export settings you're using, and if the animation is set to loop or play once?

Are you telling it to render key-frames only, or a specific number of images or FPS?

Feel free to email us your Spriter project (mail@brashmonkey.com), and tell us which animation is presenting this problem, and exactly how many full frame images you want to have exported and we'll look into the issue.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

First sorry for the two threads. I didn't know the board needed approval for each help thread. In fact, the reason I posted this one (rather editing the other one) is that when I posted the first I didn't read the message that comes out (after posting on so many forums now, you tend to ignore such messages when you make a post -- unless it stands out).

The export things are the default, I didn't change anything at all.

The animations are all set to loop, I didn't know that they are set to loop by default as it would seem.

I didn't change anything regarding whether to export a number of keys or specific keys only, I just hit export then Save then OK, that is it. Just to test it and it is always missing the last few frames. I also didn't tick the "render only key frames".

Thank you very much.

No problem about the double post. It happens frequently, and when I get a chance I'll look into making the notification more attention getting. ;)

As for your image export issue, without seeing your file, or a screenshot of your time-line I can't know for sure what the issue is, but my best guess is that your animation is very short in duration, and the last 3 frames take up a very small part, and perhaps maybe were not intended to loop, but you have it set on loop, which is going to make your end frames tween back to the beginning frames etc.

Does your animation play back properly at 100 percent speed, or were you only worried about creating key-frames that look good because you only plan to use the exported images?

There are too many possible causes for the export to not come out as you might expect, the last of which being a bug.

Can you please email your project to mail@brashmonkey.com so I can solve the matter in the fastest way possible. Of course I won't share or show it to anyone...if that's a concern.

thanks,

Mike at BrashMonkey