Using Spriter for retro systems.

Aaendi

I want to use this for SNES homebrew, but I looked at the format and it uses a lot of floating points. I wish I knew more about high-level code, but maybe there is a way to make a file converter to convert it to a more 65816 friendly format, such as either using all 16-bit fixed point numbers, and 24-bit address.

Thanks!

folder="0" 
file="0"
x="0"
y="0"
angle="0"
scale_x="1"
scale_y="1"
pivot_x="0"
pivot_y="1"
a="1"/>

I need a little help trying to understand the format, since I know more about ASM than I do with high level languages. Is x and y represent global coordinates, or relative to it's parent object? What is the difference between a folder and file?, and are these 16-bit or 32-bit integers?

• 4 weeks later...

Aaendi you should have a look at spriter documentation.

Answering your questions:

x and y represents local coordinates and they are relative to it's parent object.

a folder will contains several files, each file will usually be an image. The numbers are just an identifier for both, folders and files.

the numbers are in decimal notation. You can store them in any format you want with any number of bits...