Level of control over bones outside of Spriter

DanTsukasa

Hey Guys

I just want to say, Spriter is amazing, I love it, currently I'm doing some tests with it for my new game, I backed it during the kickstarter but only recently had a project I was able to use it with, however I've a few small questions, I've searched about but nobody else seems to have asked the question.

When exporting my spriter animation and importing it into my engine of choice via plugin (unity in this case), are the bones exported along with the animation or does the exported file simply contain all the baked positions/rotations etc and from there I'm able to swap it out, or does it contain everything from my spriter project essentially?

How much control do I have over the bones in engine, what I'd really like to do is use the Inverse Kinematics to say, place a characters legs correctly on different terrains, with something like steps I'd be able to create an additional animation, however with terrain the angles are always going to be different, so being able to adjust the legs during runtime according to slope angle would have a lot less overhead than constantly detecting if I should be playing a different animation.

I hope these things are, if not possible now, are in the future, and I apologize if someone else has asked a very similar question and I haven't noticed it.

Dan

Thanks for the kind words and support, DanTsukasa.

For answers specificially about Spriter2Unity I highly recommend contacting Malhavok either on his thread on these forums, or even better by directly contacting him through his project page.

Malhavok's thread here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14704

Malhavok's Project page: https://github.com/Malhavok/Spriter2Unity

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey