How does spin work?

Tom2013

Hello

Bought Spriter last week and have been writing some code to convert it for use in the software I use to build apps.

The only thing I'm having problems with is to do with rotation.

How do you determine which direction an image was rotated?

I had been using "spin" but that seems unpredictable.

In the code below, does the -1 specify that the image was rotated anti-clockwise to this angle?

Thanks and keep up the amazing work on Spriter. Looking forward to using it more!

Hi Tom2013,

Thanks for supporting Spriter and for the kind words. About your technical question, have you seen this yet? http://www.brashmonkey.com/ScmlDocs/ScmlReference.html

If that doesn't supply the answers you need, you can always email Edgar directly at Lucid@BrashMonkey.com to hit him up with specific questions of the forums don't provide a quick response.

Edgar's a very helpful guy, but is typically spread very thin, focussing on getting the latest build out so doesn't check the forums as often as his emails.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

Thanks for the help :D

Got it working now. I've learned spin describes the direction of rotation between two keyframes, rather than applying to just one.

I'll post my code / tool for importing scml to Gideros when its complete. There is one out there but my version converts the scml directly to lua.

Good luck with the new version.