Construct 2 - Spriter Tutorial

Psilon

Hi,

well I am pretty new to Spriter and also with Construct 2. I worked down some C2 Tutorials to get a basic understanding and also my first little jump-n-run (bloody-Alpha) to see if I can create a Game that I´d like to do since years.

So, for what I realy want to ask here is: Can someone please create a small Construct2-Spriter Tutorial that describes how I can make use of Spriteranimations (lets say with 8-10 Animations(Entitys)) in an jump-n-run C2 Project? I realy need some advice on that!

My major problem is: How can I make use of my Spriter-animated Hero (has currently 8 animated states link run, jump) with the 4/8 direction behavior in C2?

Sorry I know that this is not the right place for Construct2 Questions but maybe some can help me.

Thanks!

Hi. I know there definitely needs to be some more complete documentation for the C2 plugin. For now the best advice I can give is Scirra's recent blog entry goes over some of the basics of how the plugin works, and the Spriter thread in Scirra has the basics of importing: http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic59694.html

And from there, you can treat the scml plugin almost exactly like you would a sprite plugin using a separate collision sprite for now. We will create more in depth tutorials, but we're on the home stretch for Spriter 1.0, and we're fully focused on that, at which point we will update the plugin to support all features, and then we can do a more complete tutorial.

Thanks for your patience, and if you have a go at it, please feel free to ask specific questions if you get stuck somewhere, but the in depth tutorials will probably come after Spriter 1.0.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• 2 months later...
Hi,

well I am pretty new to Spriter and also with Construct 2. I worked down some C2 Tutorials to get a basic understanding and also my first little jump-n-run (bloody-Alpha) to see if I can create a Game that I´d like to do since years.

So, for what I realy want to ask here is: Can someone please create a small Construct2-Spriter Tutorial that describes how I can make use of Spriteranimations (lets say with 8-10 Animations(Entitys)) in an jump-n-run C2 Project? I realy need some advice on that!

My major problem is: How can I make use of my Spriter-animated Hero (has currently 8 animated states link run, jump) with the 4/8 direction behavior in C2?

Sorry I know that this is not the right place for Construct2 Questions but maybe some can help me.

Thanks!

Hi Psilon

What do you mean ''4/8 Direction Behavior'' ?

If your game are in Platformer style you will only need ''Platform Behavior'' for that.

So, I'll make a C2 project that will cover your question.

And I'll post it here, you can check the Event Sheet and learn from it.