I have an issue with the keyfram logic in Spriter

Cloak 'n Dagger

It's almost impossible to add in an object after you've animated.

Say your animation has 20 key frames. If you want to add an object to the whole mix from beginning to end (after you've animated the previous object), it only lasts for one keyframe, and disappears starting on #2 and beyond. What this means is you have to insert the same thing twenty times, space them twenty times juussssst right, and at that point you've done zero animating, merely just adding in a (hopefully still, not always though) object to the scene.

Why is it like this?

Spriter is constantly glitching out on me. like this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12521 I too opened a project to have something disappear (the others are still there), and replaced with the ominous "object_000". Now, if the keyframing logic of Spriter weren't so cryptic, I could just throw the object back in and start animating again.

But I can't, because I have a zillion keyframes, and I can't realistically add the object where it needs to be in each frame and animate it. Also, utilizing the "object palette" over "file palette" doesn't work like it does in the tutorial. I don't have the ability to assign the "same" object to each new keyframe because it doesn't exist when I hit a new keyframe (and because it doesn't exist in that exact keyframe I'm trying to populate, it doesn't appear in the "object palette" to pull from). As a result, I'm having to pull in 20 different iterations of the same object from the "file palette" instead, exponentially increasing the complexity and chance for glitches.

I have to be missing something, because this is as unintuitive as it gets, and I keep wasting time on projects that glitch out and crash, and YES, I've been backing up religiously. Doesn't help. Old files load glitched. Ugh.