Scaling always scales all the childs no matter what

tombmonkey

I have tried turning off scale inheritance from both bones and sprites, yet, no matter what I do when I scale a bone in the immediate frame the children don't change, but in the interpolation between frames they go kind of crazy.

In the attachment there are two keyframes and an in-between, in both keyframes all scale inheritance is turned off, both bones and images, I scaled the chest bone just a little, yet for some reason in the interpolation the images change size when in theory they should all stay the same.

Am I missing something as to how scaling works?

post-10499-14159834100592_thumb.jpg

Hi tombmonkey,

to help figure out the issue and likely bug, I want to understand what you're doing better. What is the desired goal in scaling the bones if you don't want the sprites that are their child to be scaled? Is it so that their positions "spread apart" due to the scale of the bone?

Also, would you mind emailing the Spriter project to mail@brashmonkey.com so we can take a look?

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

PS. nice art btw

My problem is not that I don't want the sprite to scale with the bone it's assigned to, my problem is that if I scale for example the chest bone, all the bones that are child's of the chest bone will scale too, even when scale inheritance is off.

In this example I want to scale the chest a little bit to make it look like its expanding from breathing, obviously I don't want the arms and heading scaling all over the place when doing so.

Another thing I wanted to use scaling a single part was scale a leg that's facing front to make it look like its bending, I don't want the shin and foot to scale too but it seems I can't help it.

Mail sent.

Hi tombmonkey,

The easy way to do that is to simply scale the chest image itself and not its bone, because bones do effect child bones and sprites, and aparently they even do so with the inheritence turned off (thanks for reporting this issue...Edgar will resolve it when he can).

But, again, for now, instead of making the bone wider to make the chest wider, just make the chest (the image sprite inself) wider. I think this is will give the you effect your after very easily.

I hope this helps,

Mike at BrashMonkey