Sprites scale on a different axis to bones

Cereal_Killa

I have noticed that when I scale a bone, the attached sprite often scales on a different axis.

eg. My character as 2 leg sprites which are attached to leg bones; when I stretch the bone downwards, the sprites stretch sideways, which means I have to manually re-size the sprites every time which is annoying. Is there a way that I can lock the scaling of the sprite to the bone, so that they both scale in the same direction? Or is that something that is planned for a future update?

I have tried searching the forum for 'sprite bone scale' but alas it complains that all 3 words are too common and displays no results.. ho hum.

I have also tried this with other sprites and get varying results, with some sprites stretching diagonally and one or two even stretching in the desired direction.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

The video I linked to while replying to your other post explains how to avoid this...its not a bug, its because your body part images are not drawn to be aiming to the right...

Here's a link to the video so you don't have to go looking for it. :)

Eventually, we plan to allow spriter to support sprite distortion, this would allow a mode where body part images would scale properly no matter which direction the actual images is facing...but this will likely not happen until some time after Spriter 1.0 is released.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey