Sprite extra padding will give same result?

yesmam

I know that when Spriter exports the sprite sheet it helps you save space by remove empty spaces. But in a way does the scml/scon/json file "remember" all the transparent space after it gets removed? I see the png that gets exported is small and fits every sprite nicely but in the scml/scon/json file that gets exported, does it remember/or use the original size for anything?

Say I make the exact preparation for 2 games
Game 1: I imported sprites into Spriter with already perfect padding 
Game 2: I imported sprites into Spriter with TONS of unreasonable padding around then use Spriter to help clean it up and trim.

Will both games have the same performance?

On 2/23/2022 at 3:53 AM, yesmam said:

I know that when Spriter exports the sprite sheet it helps you save space by remove empty spaces. But in a way does the scml/scon/json file "remember" all the transparent space after it gets removed? I see the png that gets exported is small and fits every sprite nicely but in the scml/scon/json file that gets exported, does it remember/or use the original size for anything?

Say I make the exact preparation for 2 games
Game 1: I imported sprites into Spriter with already perfect padding 
Game 2: I imported sprites into Spriter with TONS of unreasonable padding around then use Spriter to help clean it up and trim.

Will both games have the same performance?

Typically the ideal workflow is to work with a Spriter project which keeps all body part and effect images as separate PNG image files.(in this case each image can have padding so if you need to increase the art while cleaning or improving the animations you have the room to do so). Each time you are ready to update the spriter animations in Construct 3, that is the time you should choose "generate  sprite sheet for project images" from Spriter's menu and export the new project (generate scon file as well) to a NEW folder. This optimized exported version of the spriter project is the best one to import into the game, both because it will use the "draw self" rendering mode instead of creating a bunch of individual Construct sprites for all the body parts, AND like you said, it will also trim and optimize all the body part images into a single sprite atlas. So, Yes, The Spriter plug-in in Construct will properly place and animate, even though Spriter trimmed and rotated all the body part images.

Just remember, always edit in the original Spriter project with separate body part images, and take that export step into the other folder before importing the optimized version into Construct to update it in game.