Exporting Animation

anty21ro

Hi. I am having some issues when I'm exporting my animations and they have a few frames, like 4-6. I noticed that the last image in the sprite strip is not the one at the last milisecond in the timeline (in my case is 1000 (default) ) and in not matching anymore with the other sprite stripes animations. What options do I have to solve this issue ?

Are you exporting keyframes only or just typing a number of frames?

If you have a frame at the end of the timelime, that means it would be displayed for 1 thousandths of a second, so if you tell your animation of 1 second to render out as 6 frames (for example), you'll never get that last keyframe to render as one of the frames... you'd need to add time after that last keyframe in the timeline so its actually displaying for a large enough amount of time for it to count as one of the frames on export.

Does this make sense?

If this does not help you, please screen record and post your issue.

Thank.
-Mike at BrashMonkey

Oh, ok , I understand now. I was exporting a number of frames.  I have a few animations that have just 2 keyframes, one at the beginning and one at the end, so I suppose that depending on how much fimages I need, I have to add keyframes to the timeline and then check the "keyframe only" box when exporting ...

" If you have a frame at the end of the timelime, that means it would be displayed for 1 thousandths of a second, so if you tell your animation of 1 second to render out as 6 frames (for example), you'll never get that last keyframe to render as one of the frames... you'd need to add time after that last keyframe in the timeline so its actually displaying for a large enough amount of time for it to count as one of the frames on export. "

-  Wouldn't be better if the system would be in such a way that any number of images I need to generate, the first and the last keyframe would be always rendered ? :)

Thanks !

1 minute ago, anty21ro said:

Oh, ok , I understand now. I was exporting a number of frames.  I have a few animations that have just 2 keyframes, one at the beginning and one at the end, so I suppose that depending on how much fimages I need, I have to add keyframes to the timeline and then check the "keyframe only" box when exporting ...

" If you have a frame at the end of the timelime, that means it would be displayed for 1 thousandths of a second, so if you tell your animation of 1 second to render out as 6 frames (for example), you'll never get that last keyframe to render as one of the frames... you'd need to add time after that last keyframe in the timeline so its actually displaying for a large enough amount of time for it to count as one of the frames on export. "

-  Wouldn't be better if the system would be in such a way that any number of images I need to generate, the first and the last frame would be always rendered ? :)

Thanks !

No, it would make no sense to use up a giant portion of the time (a frame image) in a 6 frame one second animation on a keyframe that you tell Spriter should be displayed for 1 thousandths of a second (far faster than the human eye could ever see). This would ruin the feature for looping, or carefully timed animations.

Just add blank time after that last keyframe or use the key-all button at the moments you want to be frames and export keyframes only then only use the keyframes you want.