Problems with character sets of different sizes

JacobIni

Hi guys,

A quick question.

I have a bunch of animations made for a test character. Unfortunately, my final character turned out to be in a different size and scale than the test one we prepped some animations for - i.e. he has slightly higher legs, a bit different torso, different size of the sprite for the head, some more details on the hands that makes them bigger.

Now I've encountered a problem of having to rearrange the pieces in each keyframe of the multiple animations that I have - are there any tips on how to deal with this? Changing each key frame one by one seems horribly taxing on time (and my time is limited), and the results aren't always perfect. Is there a way to rearrange all the pieces at once, or some keyboard shortcuts or other functions that could help with this?

Basically, the question is: how do I efficiently set the animations for new characters that aren't the same exact size like the previously used character?

Thanks for all tips and suggestions!

Edit: YES!  THERE IS A WAY TO GET THIS DONE QUICKER!

Hi again,

I forgot this feature had been added.

Go to the first key frame.

1) Adjust the length of your bone.  

2)With the bone still selected, right click on a blank spot in the canvas and menu options will appear.

3) Choose "copy selected Item property to all frames"

4) Choose x scale

THEN select the IMAGE the bone controls and in its properties, set its x scale back to 1.0 and then do the same as you did with the bone!

Cheers.

Hi,

I've not tested this, but you could possibly load up the Spriter file in a good text editor and use a search and replace to quickly change the length of all bones as needed.
I'd suggest something like:
Load the file in Spriter and look at the current length of the bones in question.  THEN, without saving afterwards, stretch the bone to find out the exact length you want the bone to be re-sized to (in the properties palette). AGAIN, DON'T SAVE.

Do a search and replace for that number in the scml file, save it, then reload in Spriter.

OF COURSE, back everything up, first!

When you're done,  you may need to reposition the animations relative to their "hot spot"

I hope this helps. Best of luck.
-Mike at BrashMonkey