My first test with Spriter

Marcelo

Hello folks, I'm new in the forum and recently get the Spriter pro at Steam!

I've made some tests of animations (draws from zombieville by mikamobile, :P. I will not use in production, only to test)!!!

---

I've found some glitches like (using a mackbook pro mid 2012, Yosemite):

- After I add a new file on a project folder, I need to reopen the .scml file to appear on Spriter (refresh button has no effect);

- Using a magic mouse is a pain >_< lol;

- After export, the export window is unclickeable (only close button works);

- Some buttons/actions make the window resize;

- Sometimes, I've to click on "show spriters" to make the bones and sprites appear;

- And some others...

But, none of the problems becomes the software unusable. Its a nice software. :D

Welcome Marcelo,

It looks like you're getting the hang of Spriter quickly. :)  Sorry to hear you're running into issues. I have a feeling many of them are due to perhaps your using a special input device? (there are known compatibility issues with Spriter r4 and several specialized input drivers like wacom etc)

Have you tried the new beta build for r5 of Spriter? This might resolve some of the issues: http://brashmonkey.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4490-linux-mac-and-windows-users-please-test-spriter-r5/

(you should be able to install this NON-Steam version into its default location..something like c:program files/spriter and they should not conflict with each other.)

Please test it and let me know if it improves things for you.

cheers./

HI Brash (:shock: !? kkk).

Oh thanks! I've get the Spriter Pro at Steam. I will have access to that version (Pro) when released?

For now, I'm not able to use the Pro features on version R5 because I don't have a serial key >_<.

Ooooh, the Spriter learn curve is so awesome! I really really loved it! :D

Well, the devices that I've used with the software are the Magic Mouse, and a Wacom Tablet! But, with the tablet it runs well. The Magic Mouse scroll and right click is so "difficult" to use in the software.

Thank u! :razz:

Yes, when the new version is a little more tested it will be released as an update on Steam as well.

Have you tried the Non-Steam beta version much with the Magic Mouse? Spriter r4 (which the current Steam version is) definitely would have trouble using Wacom mouse (bugs/lack of compatibility) which is likely causing your issues.  I was hoping you could verify if the mouse issues are just as bad in the non Steam beta version you installed, or if it works better with your mouse.

thanks.