Looking for help from an animator artist

RedRock911

Hello Spriter animators!

I am a modder for the game Don't Starve, and Im in a bit of a rut.

I'm creating a mod that has a nemesis octopus as an adversary of the playable charecter I am making. In early rough stages of developement, I realized, the art direction and the animation direction where going in two different ways. SOOOOOO... I started working on the animation aspect first.

I have the animations working pretty much the way I wanted. But now, I am having extreme difficulty changing the octopus tentacles, to look like tentacles (they are currently just different colored spheres) I still have one or two animations to create, but it's pointless if I can't get through this part of the project. (I've been working on the project since Febuary, and this particular part for the last 2 months)

So I'm asking, would anyone out there be willing to help me? I can send a zip out for anyone to take a look at the project to see if it's worth there while to help.  Below are the images

Untitled_zpswqiuxl8v.png

willypreview_061_zps69l1cjhx.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Spriter animators!

I am a modder for the game Don't Starve, and Im in a bit of a rut.

I'm creating a mod that has a nemesis octopus as an adversary of the playable charecter I am making. In early rough stages of developement, I realized, the art direction and the animation direction where going in two different ways. SOOOOOO... I started working on the animation aspect first.

I have the animations working pretty much the way I wanted. But now, I am having extreme difficulty changing the octopus tentacles, to look like tentacles (they are currently just different colored spheres) I still have one or two animations to create, but it's pointless if I can't get through this part of the project. (I've been working on the project since Febuary, and this particular part for the last 2 months)

So I'm asking, would anyone out there be willing to help me? I can send a zip out for anyone to take a look at the project to see if it's worth there while to help.  Below are the images

This is extemely difficult and almost impossible with the current version of Spriter. Unless we have the image warping feature, the only option you have is dividing the tentacles into much smaller pieces and animating them like that. 

This is extemely difficult and almost impossible with the current version of Spriter. Unless we have the image warping feature, the only option you have is dividing the tentacles into much smaller pieces and animating them like that. 

I did that in a sense, with the spheres, I think the only option I really have is taking those spheres and shaping them into the tentacles by stretching them. I did create some smaller tentacle parts, but it looks terrible (to me anyways) That and the fact the Don't Starve engine doesn't support bones, things tend to get nasty when you use them, so animating is a pain (thank the gods for onion skinning!) 

• 2 weeks later...

I did that in a sense, with the spheres, I think the only option I really have is taking those spheres and shaping them into the tentacles by stretching them. I did create some smaller tentacle parts, but it looks terrible (to me anyways) That and the fact the Don't Starve engine doesn't support bones, things tend to get nasty when you use them, so animating is a pain (thank the gods for onion skinning!) 

If you are needing only frame animations, I suggest using blender. Making tenticles is a beginner project for learing splines and rail extrusion. It will make the twisting , and revealing of the underside of the tenticle childs play.

If you want someone to rig and animate it for you, I will do it for a $5-$20 steam game =)

It would only take me a few minutes to model and rig it for you. Then you can make any further animations you want,yourself, just by tweaking the rig, and pressing the render animation button.

Just say the word, and I can have it ready for you in an hour or so.

EDIT:

Waiting on hold for some computers we ordered ,since I posted this.... Still on hold, but I got an arm rigged and semi modeled to show an example. I just used an armature, and a quickly extruded cube with a subsurface modifyer:

animaion.gif

If i ever get off hold with thease jerks, I will try another pose. maybe i will try another shape. I need octopuss things for my game later so it is good practice for me.

For the animation I just made an IK chain, made the first bend pose copied the first and last frame, and then did a reverse IK paste in the center frame.1,2,3, and hit the render button! that is it. 1 pose!

EditEdit: My webhost is under DOS attack. here is a temp file, sorry about that:

OctoArms.gif