Merging animations from separate projects?

Morgrav

I have followed the instructions here

http://www.brashmonkey.com/spriter_manual/importing%20one%20spriter%20project%20into%20another.htm

and imported one project into another, but it seems to be for images only, not animations.

I decided I liked an earlier walk iteration, where I had not done an idle animation yet.  I would like to take my idle animation from my other project file and copy it to this one.  Is there a way to do that?  I am using Spriter Pro.

Hi, Morgrav,

The merge feature should add all the animations as well as the images... they should appear as a new entity... Is it not merging because you're trying to merge animations with the same name and same entity name?  You may need to rename the animations you want to merge into your new Spriter project if the new Spriter project already has a different animation with the same name.

This is just a wild guess. I'll likely need more information to help you better.

Thanks.

Hmm.  I renamed the entity and animations, and still no luck.  I still have the free trial version from your site installed, and am using the pro version from Steam.  Is it possible that's causing conflicts with the features? 

I see the merge file option available, and it gives me the type of folder ovewrite options, I choose one, click OK, then nothing seems to happen.