The alpha level is acting weird...

aiat_gamer

Hi, aiat_gamer,

Alpha of a parent bone effects ALL children's alpha. Why are you pressing Z to select all children before attempting to edit their collective opacity?

Just select the parent bone ONLY and then drag the opacity up to 100. This will restore the opacity of the main bone, its images, and all child images, too.

This is by design, because the opacity setting for parent bones, child bones, AND images themselves can all have an effect on the overall opacity.

For example, you could set an image to 75 percent opacity, and its parent bones opacity to 75... the resulting opacity of the image would be something close to 50 percent.

I hope this makes sense.

Hi aiat_gamer,

Alpha of a parent bone effects ALL children's alpha.. why are you pressing z to select all children before attempting to edit their collective opacity?

Just select the parent bone ONLY and then drag the opacity up to 100... this will restore toe opacity of the main bone, its images, and all children images too.

This is by design because, the opacity setting for parent bones, child bones, AND the images themselves can all have an effect on the overall opacity.

For example, you could set an image to 75 percent opacity, and its parent bones opacity to 75... the resulting opacity of the image would be something close to 50 percent.

I hope this makes sense.

Awesome, thanks! The reason I pressed Z was I thought that is how you select every bone and sprite based on one of the tutorial videos. In that one Mike used that copy the whole thing to another frame.