Turning and Perspective animations?

milostnik

Hey guys. 

From what I've seen on the youtube tutorials and reading up about it. Is there an easy way of having a character in Spriter do a spin or turn around in some frames by using the tool? Or do I have to make individual frames of the character turning then going back to side on? I was hoping there might be some tool to make it easier. 

Thanks

-A

No, any actual perspective, or any change that would require "new visual data" needs new art by the artist.  Something that any time something moves in a way where we are now seeing a new part of it, or new side of it, you'd need to use the image swap feature.  If you are working on a game that requires a log of animations in perspective, I highly recommend you create your characters first in 3d, animate them in 3d, then export the frames.  At hat point you can decide to either import them as sequential image animations ore take the time to break up each animation into parts for each frame that requires perspective, then reassemble all the frames in Spriter, reusing parts is much as possible.

There's no getting around it, once perspective is involved, a LOT more work and expertise is required.

Cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey