Resizing Sprite?

Dragon

Hi Dragon.  You could:

1) Animate in the actual size you need in your game from the start

2) initially figure out how big your characters etc need to be In the game, and create your animations at an exact scale, like 2x, 4x etc.

3) export a full size frame from your animation using Spriters export to png feature, then try scaling it to different scales in a graphics program until its the exact size you need, then write down the scale you just scaled it to.

IMPORTANT: Its incredibly wasteful to use very large images for all your body parts if the character will always be reduced in game to a small fraction of that size.  Back up you Spriter project first (the entire folder, with scml, and all the images) and then use the "Save as scaled project (and images)" feature in Spriter Pro to create an actually scaled down version of your project that will be the right size for your game and not wasteful of memory, load-time, and graphics memory etc.

If ay of this doesn't make sense, please let me know and I'll try and explain better.

cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey

Hi again Dragon.  I wasn't looking at the feature, so mislabeled it, save as resized project is what you want if you want to create a scaled version of your entire project...which you likely want to do.  Just be sure to create a back up copy of everything first, because this permanently shrinks all the images in the folder.

Can you be more specific as to which parts of my suggestions were confusing? Maybe I can reword or expand upon whatever is unclear.

cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey