Poor image quality of PNG export

hcs89

Hi!

There is a problem with exporting to png sprite sheet.

I am working with higher resolution sprites, but I want to scale down the exported animation. The problem is that when I set the output scale of image to (for example) 10%, then the exported image is not smoothly scaled.

Here is what it looks like in editor: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11019896/screen.png

Here is the exported image scaled to 10%: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11019896/scaled.png

Can this be fixed in next build?

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Sorry for reviving a 3 year old topic, yet, the problem mentioned here seems to persist -at least in my case-

I work with higher sized PNG images but when I export the animation to a i.e. 36% percentage(which is the exact sizing in my game), the animation's line-art (especially curved lines) quality reduces. They are in a way jagged. Probably because of PNG file's smoothing algorithm.

Curved or diagonal lines seem to be pixelated. Is it something to do with rounding pixels to exact integers?

I tried the workaround mentioned above but this time, when I export from Spriter in 100% and do a batch process with Fireworks, the power of "trim rect to animation" is lost and despite the image/canvas size is the same for all sequencial images, the character somehow moves 1-2 pixels in the canvas making it to seem like shaking. This is probably because Fireworks places the image on the proper pixels to preserve smooth curves. But the line art seems much better and jagginess seems like reduced.

How can I avoid this?

Thanks,

Hi SymboliC,

It sounds like you're going to have to try a different program than Fireworks (which I've never used) unless it has settings to change its algorithm so images don't shift during the scaling process.

also, when possible, please show before and after images or screen recordings when reporting such images, as it often helps us figure out the cause or a work-around.
Thanks.

-Mike at BrashMonkey