I've messed up an animation in Spriter

TheDavyStar

I was doing an animation in spriter and I realised my character (I'm doing a generic game character for practise) was too big, so I shrank him down a bit, but the bones didn't shrink with the sprites, so I deleted them and refitted my character with new bones. However, Spriuter must have been trying to record each action I did as part of the animation, so while the animation was just supposed to be a guy tilting his arms and head a bit, it became just a bunch of limbs rotating wildly out of place. Now I'm a bit of a n00b to Spriter, but is there a way of redoing this horribly-botched animation?

Hi TheDavyStar,

The first step is to watch the tutorial videos and read the built in manual (help/help in Spriter's manual)...this will save you lots of trouble and frustration.

Each key frame in Spriter can have completely different sprites and bones, so deleting bones will only effect that specific area in the time zone, but obviously the sprites who were children of those bones might then behave in strange manners depending on what the other key frames look like, and I they still are attached to bones in other key-frames.

Spriter pro has a feature to create a clone of your whole project, scaled to any size you'd like, so no harm in working too large (I recommend it).. you can always scale the entire thing down to any or multiple sizes later.

Also, If you completely changed the data of your animation by deleting bones etc in key frames, then saved it, then there's no way to get it back to the way it was. This is why you should ALWAYS back up your WIPS frequently, especially when using beta software, but even with non-beta software.

I suggest for the videos, you start here:

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey