"Image Points" of sprites

kohl

Hi!

I need to import to "Construct 2" an animation with the "Image Points" of sprites with different x:0 y:0.

Is possible do this in the Spriter, for when I import the animation in C2 the sprites are with "Image Points" centralized?

thanks!

Hi Kohl,

it might help if you explain carefully the desired effect you're after.

Construct 2 allows you to add as many different points to a sprite as you want, so I suggest you not edit the default point once its imported into Spriter, but why not add another point to your sprite once its imported?

There's also Spriter Pro's built in points, which aren't a slave of any specific sprite, they can be anywhere in any key frame and tween... but again, I really need to understand what you want to accomplish before I can give better suggestions. (drawings or screenshots of your desired goal would really help.)

thanks,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• 2 years later...

Hi there, this is an old thread, and found it out because I'm trying to develop a workflow between Spriter (I'm using Essentials to try it out) and C2 (and Tiled).

For context, I'm not using Spriter (at the moment anyway) as a character animation tool, but exploring how it can improve my management of fully-animated pre-rendered sprites.

In C2, I use a ZSorter plugin that sorts sprites based on their Y position by default. This Y position references the 'Origin'/hotspot of the sprite. Now, because Spriter now only exports sprites with Origin at 0,0, this method will fail. If I can introduce an image point to the sprite itself and have that carry over to C2 as an 'imagepoint' entity as described in the Sprite object, then I can use ZSorter's custom sort function to compute a new Y position.

Because I'm using Essentials, I don't know how Spriter Pro's 'points' entity translates to C2. Is this doable? Thanks!