Question regarding Bounding Box and char Map

Aprowolf

Greetings ppl , i have reached a blocked road in my project and i'd like some help

in my animation , my player switches between two swords , one is a short sword and the other one is a long sword, The switching between them using Char Map is flawless , but , since they vary in length the bounding box surrounding the short sword is not big enough to contain the long one , is there is a away to make the binding boxes changes width and height when char map is activated? if yes could someone tell me plz how ?

thanks in advance

Hi boind,

Eventually we plan top have collision boxes and points controllable (remapable) via Character Maps as well, but this might take a while to appear as a feature.

In the mean-time, pehaps you use two seperate bounding boxes, and have your game engine check for one or the other depending on the sword being used...or, in your game engine, perhaps use the actual sword sprite for your collision detection.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

Hey BrashAdmin,

Really thankful for the fast response and good suggestions :) having 2 bounding boxes will do fine and fast since the second solution suggest that i keep in mind the alpha channel in my swords which means extra unecssory works ^^;

Anyhow I really appreciate your help and hopefully we will see more interesting features in Spriter , your program rocks hardcore as well as you ppl :)

wishing you a good day~