SCML Questions

diddykonga

Hey there i had a few questions about the SCML file.

Element: Obj_info

Example:

I also have a few questions specificly about the Spriter Data API for Unity.

The SpriterMainlineKey has a List but what about Bones?

Are Transient objects still a thing, or is the Spriter Data API for Unity just out-dated?

Thanks alot!

answered this via email, but just so any forum goers can see the response:

Obj_info is for saving things like the base size of a bone (not needed for implementation unless you plan to display the bone), or the base size for collision boxes (this size * scale is the collision box size). The particular example you copied is an optional part of the save file (set in File – other File Actions – options – save Sprite/Object Frame Data. This isn’t needed for implementation, but if for whatever reason your implementation would benefit from a simple list of sprites, and all the image files used by them, that’s what it’s there for. For instance the Construct 2 plugin uses this to simplify and speed up the loading routine at runtime.

Transient objects are no longer a thing. They proved to be confusing to users and developers, so now old projects should automatically be converted if they detect transient objects. I’m not sure which Unity API you mean. This is the most current one, and it’s pretty up to date: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14704&start=30

• 1 month later...
The particular example you copied is an optional part of the save file (set in File – other File Actions – options – save Sprite/Object Frame Data. This isn’t needed for implementation, but if for whatever reason your implementation would benefit from a simple list of sprites, and all the image files used by them, that’s what it’s there for. For instance the Construct 2 plugin uses this to simplify and speed up the loading routine at runtime.

I was actually in the middle of trying to implement this in my own code for exactly the same reason, to overcome performance issues of trawling through the whole set of animation keys to try and build a unique list of images used for a sprite, instead of pre-loading the whole SCML data, which may not be used in a game. Is this structure pretty much set for future use, or likely to change? Also, I assume checking for a type of "sprite" is sufficient to load this data set?

Finally, do you have the full structure of this type? Is there only one per sprite, listing all folder/files for that sprite, or multiple, in which case, what does each represent?

*EDIT*

Actually, just looking at this, I'm slightly confused what the "name" in the example above represents. I was hoping it was the entity name, but it seems to match the name of an object_ref and a timeline? I've just run through all the object_refs, loading the folder/file combinations, which is probably sufficient, but still, a little more info would be good.

Thanks.

Russell.