Copy and Paste

Squidget

So I animated a fairly complex limb, of which I need several in my animation. I click and drag a box around the limb to select all the parts, click Edit -> Copy, then Edit -> Paste. From what I understand, this should paste a copy of the limb into the frame, with the same bone structure. Instead, it does nothing.

Am I missing something obvious here? Or does Copy + Paste not work in the current version? I'd rather not have to rebuild each limb several times, if I can avoid it.

Hi Squidget,

It does not work that way...if its already in the frame it coppies just the x,y, size, and alpha data...so because you're pasting into the frame you coppied from, theres no visible change...it does NOT create "clones" of all the parts...

What you need to do is select all you want a copy of in the same frame...like an extra limb, and then hold the control key and clock and drag them...this will clone everything and should keep all relative bones, parenting hierarchy etc.

THEN, you can select that new limb, copy it and choose "paste to all frames" and becuase THAT (new) arm is not yet in the other frames, it will paste the new arm to all those other frames...so that it will be in the entire animation.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Mike