How to remove 'missing image' icon?

scottypp

In my scene i originally have a background image that i am using as a layout guide to position my animations etc. My coder doesnt want this asset in the file so i remove it before he takes over. We cant seem to remove this 'asset' even if we delete from original folder it just repopulates the missing image. Obviously this is a good thing if you need to be reminded that you are missing an asset but its a bad thing if you dont want it there.

Any thoughts on how to get rid of this?

Regards

Scott.

I'm glad you got it sorted, scottypp.

For future reference, if you delete all use of the image in Spriter and then delete the image file itself from its folder while Spriter is still open, and then resave the Sprite file (same name...no need for an iteration), then it will sucessfully save without reference to the deleted image.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• 2 years later...

Hi,
I just realized that extra folder structure might cause more setpass calls in unity so any extra folders where ditched.
Is there anyway to "re-import" or fetch the sprites to the project or is it only possible by manually adding sprites to Spriter's scene?
Regards,
Vesa

2016-08-15_232018.png

10 minutes ago, vesputs said:

Hi,
I just realized that extra folder structure might cause more setpass calls in unity so any extra folders where ditched.
Is there anyway to "re-import" or fetch the sprites to the project or is it only possible by manually adding sprites to Spriter's scene?
Regards,
Vesa

2016-08-15_232018.png

I highly recommend you re-post this in the thread dedicated to whichever Spriter runtime you're using for Unity. No Unity users will find your question here and answer it.

cheers.
-Mike at BrashMonkey

So, you're only talking about inside Spriter? There's no automatic way to make your Spriter file use images from a different folder location. Your two options are either using search and replace on the scml file in a text editor, or, to create a character map which points from the old images to the new images, then activate that character map and bake it out to a new entity, then delete the original entity.

Yes, I meant inside Spriter =)

Problem is, I created a folder structure for sprites and I think it might cause extra setpass calls in unity.
So I deleted the folders after moving sprites to the "root" folder with scml file.

I tried to check scml with notepad, but there wasn't any folder structure in the code. I think this cannot be done after deleting that folder structure?

I tried also the character map and baked a new entity, but there was nothing showing up.

But anyway, I'll wait for the answer (if there will be) from below forum and see if the folder structure is what's causing extra calls.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Vesa

2016-08-15_235520.png