2 animations

yamada0000

I'm trying to animate a character interacting with another one (exemple: when a character grabs his oponent on a fighting game).

I have both of the characters fully animated (in saparated .scml files) and now I would like to make a few animations containing the two characters at once.

Is it possible yet, and will it be soon?

The only way I figured to do this is: exporting squences of the other character into .png and swaping the other character (which is now only a set of .png images in the folder containing onli the first character) as the animated one performes action on the "exported one"

. Is there any other, easier way to do this?

Hi yamada0000,

There's no built in feature for this yet... but I think my approach would be to actually animate both chanrtacter per move like that in the same animation, and the clone the animation so there's two sets, and delete one character in each of the animations so each version has one of the characters.

If you can support anchorpoints in your game data, you could also put an anchor point to represent the 0,0 coordinate of the other character, so they can be put back together in the propper manner.

If you look in classic arcade games that did this alot, like wrestling games, you'll see the where very careful about having one character always above or below the other in frames, otherwise, you are forced to go even further and seperate the characters into multiple "layer" versions for each move...so that the right arm covers the right thigh etc etc.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey